Sign in to follow this  
mmerelles

10.50 RC3 is available

RWW METAR download has been restored :-)

As Austin told me, the servers new URL was used. Great!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Not on steam it isnt.

​Steam always takes longer.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Not on steam it isnt.

Somehow this showed up for me automatically .. installed.

V10.50 build 105008 64 bit?

What is 10.50 RC3?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

R3 or RC3 = Release Candidate 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

What is 10.50 RC3?

I think it might just be. I just checked and my build is the same and weather seems to be accurate.

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

I think it might just be. I just checked and my build is the same and weather seems to be accurate.

Mark

What is 10.50 RC3?

Steam users: as per the developers, 10.50RC3 coming next week to you.

http://developer.x-plane.com

Manuel Merelles

Steam users: as per the developers, 10.50RC3 coming next week to you.

Thank you for the followup answer.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks for the heads up.

Haven't flown X-Plane in a while, and thought I'd do a hop in the US for a change. Was a bit dismayed that both arr/dest airports (KJFK-KIAG) were completely devoid of buildings! I was somehow under the impression the most major terminals in 10.50 now had some semblance of an airport from the gateway?

Some airports I visit in Europe, in XP10, have had noticeable updates. LPPT is one of them and I even decided not to install the excellent freeware alternative that also comes with scenery for the Lisbon bridges, which always look weird in XP, but I decided to use only default scenery, until I own a supercomputer :-)

Due to the rather irregular shape of the mesh near most airports I have also opted for not ticking "runways follow terrain contours". This way it doesn't ruin my 744 landings like it used to...

I can't use XP10 with it's built in weather though. Unless the winds are very stable, actually with no variablity at all in the METARs, XP translates variablity info into a true nightmare where instead of variation cycles of around 10 minutes it takes sometimes seconds to see the wind vector vary between the limit compass directions and reported gust intensities, creating even for the heaviest aircraft bounce like leafs in a windy day....

Main Simulation Rig:

I can't use XP10 with it's built in weather though. Unless the winds are very stable, actually with no variablity at all in the METARs, XP translates variablity info into a true nightmare where instead of variation cycles of around 10 minutes it takes sometimes seconds to see the wind vector vary between the limit compass directions and reported gust intensities, creating even for the heaviest aircraft bounce like leafs in a windy day....

Exactly! It's driving me nuts flying online with real weather (FSGRW+SMP+RWC). Very often (at least here in Europe) METARs report variable winds, but X-Plane wants to kill me instead with something very close to windshear... :sad:

Regards,

Radek

That's it Radek... Pretty much wind variability = intense shear and turbulence in XP10.

I guess they completely forgot to read the weather manuals and find what something like 230V340 means... or even 20010G22KT....

"

dndndnVdxdxdx - Variations in Wind Direction 

METAR CYWG 172000Z 30015G25KT 260V340 3/4SM R36/4000FT/D -SN BLSN BKN008 OVC040 M05/M08 A2992 REFZRA WS RWY36 RMK SF5NS3 SLP134

This group reports variations in wind direction. It is only included if during the 10 minute period preceding the observation the direction varies by 60 degrees or more, and the mean speed exceeds 3 knots. The two extreme directions are encoded in clockwise order.

dndndnVdxdxdx - Variations in Wind Direction"

For XP10 the presence of either of these fields necessarily translates into too intense turbulence and most of the time really dangerous windshear.... You can pick your best aircraft add-on, and see it bouncing around like a small boat in the Winter waves on a thunderstom day...

Thanksfuly I don't use it 99% of the time because weather for me, in XP 10, is just the visuals.... the rest kindly provided by another sim. I strongly hope they fix it for XP11.

Main Simulation Rig:

Thanks for the heads up.

Haven't flown X-Plane in a while, and thought I'd do a hop in the US for a change. Was a bit dismayed that both arr/dest airports (KJFK-KIAG) were completely devoid of buildings! I was somehow under the impression the most major terminals in 10.50 now had some semblance of an airport from the gateway?

KJFK is missing yes, bad because there's also no freeware.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

That's it Radek... Pretty much wind variability = intense shear and turbulence in XP10.

I guess they completely forgot to read the weather manuals and find what something like 230V340 means... or even 20010G22KT....

"

dndndnVdxdxdx - Variations in Wind Direction 

METAR CYWG 172000Z 30015G25KT 260V340 3/4SM R36/4000FT/D -SN BLSN BKN008 OVC040 M05/M08 A2992 REFZRA WS RWY36 RMK SF5NS3 SLP134

This group reports variations in wind direction. It is only included if during the 10 minute period preceding the observation the direction varies by 60 degrees or more, and the mean speed exceeds 3 knots. The two extreme directions are encoded in clockwise order.

dndndnVdxdxdx - Variations in Wind Direction"

For XP10 the presence of either of these fields necessarily translates into too intense turbulence and most of the time really dangerous windshear.... You can pick your best aircraft add-on, and see it bouncing around like a small boat in the Winter waves on a thunderstom day...

Jose... Have you addressed this issue with Austin ?