Sign in to follow this  
sdenton

d3d9.dll error

I have not seen an error come up but checking with appCrashview it does almost every time I fly and it does take a long time to come up about 4 mins. some times.I have Google this and can not find and fix???? It is d3d9.dll error crashes FSX ?? Some help please any body!!!!

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

No I'am not using any of those...

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

The d3d9.dll is part of Windows and located in your Windows\System32 folder.  It is part of DirectX.  You can try checking for errors to DirectX by going to the Run command and typing in dxdiag or you can go to your Windows search bar and type in dxdiag and then look for errors.  If you cannot resolve it you can Google the file on the Internet and download it or go to the Microsoft DirectX website and download the latest version of DirectX (most likely already installed).  PMDG usually installs DirectX too when installing any of their products.

If none of the solutions above work, then you will have to reinstall Windows.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim I checked and no problems and I have no PMDG installed.Like I said I do not get an error box showing up it does take a while to boot up the program.Do you think  that is causeing the long time????? Every thing else is working find?? Thanks for the reply..........Scott

I am having a hard time understanding your problem.  You do not provide any information whatsoever about your issue other than it takes [something] about 4 minutes to come up, and it does every time you fly.  You should move your dll.xml to a temporary folder and see if this fixes the problem (whatever it is).  The dll.xml is loaded at startup of FSX.  You should also check your main FSX folder and look for d3d9.dll there.  If it is there, then you have a hacked version in the folder.  Delete it.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

In appcrashview it says that FSX has crashed and stop working due to and d3d9.dll it happens almost every time I fly.I do not see it crash or get an error box.But does take a long time time to start.I have checked an no d3d9.dll file in my main FSX folder.Jim here are some of the info from appcrashview again thanks for the help   :fsx.exe Stopped working 8/27/2016 8:15:19 PM All Users 0xc0000005 0x000eb827 d3d9.dll 10.0.10586.494 D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe 29,478 C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_3529c0a083ea7572d458e4e5c12fbe3723ec221_68a774f9_19f594cb\Report.wer

fsx.exe Stopped working 8/28/2016 11:15:50 AM All Users 0xc0000005 0x000eb827 d3d9.dll 10.0.10586.494 D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe 26,080 C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_3529c0a083ea7572d458e4e5c12fbe3723ec221_68a774f9_1e3b4c63\Report.wer
fsx.exe Stopped working 8/27/2016 6:00:13 PM All Users 0xc0000005 0x00026d79 ntdll.dll 10.0.10586.306 D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe 26,186 C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_cab916c34fce3e29ecb81ecdbc1956f41c34612_68a774f9_04edebc0\Report.wer
fsx.exe Stopped working 8/27/2016 6:00:16 PM All Users 0xc000041d 0x00026d79 ntdll.dll 10.0.10586.306 D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe 26,186 C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_cceb5eb11fac9a7431639635641f6ff02955872b_68a774f9_09b9f006\Report.wer

The d3d9.dll and ntdll.dll crashed your FSX but it does not mean FSX did it.  You have the Windows 10 versions installed and, since I don't have Windows 10, cannot verify the versions are correct.

As I stated above, d3d9.dll is part of the DirectX 9 runtime program.  Some members here use a hacked version of the d3d9.dll and, according to the AVSIM CTD Guide, it causes a crash of FSX -

D3D9.dll – This is most likely caused by installation of SweetFX or the ENBSeries Modules. Remove the D3D9.dll modules (there are several) from your main FSX folder. These two hacks of DirectX files have been popular to many users but found to be the source of several CTD’s. Most likely the module is not configured properly for your computer system and you should conduct some searches on AVSIM (the AVSIM SweetFX Forum) and elsewhere for the best configurations. Several members have been successful in getting these modules to work properly.
The following ENBSeries files are installed in the main FSX directory and should be moved to a temporary directory if you are seeing crashes or graphics anomalies: D3d9.dll, D3dx9_40.dll, D3dx9_26.dll, and ENBSeries.ini.
SweetFX installs the following files that should be moved to a temporary directory if problems occur: D3d9.dll, D3d9.fx, Dxgi.dll, Shader.fx, and the injector.ini.
D3D11.dll

You state you do not have SweetFX or the ENBSeries hacks installed but did you have them installed at one time, maybe several years ago?  Your FSX directory will still have remnants of the hack if all of the files are not removed.  There's an initiator (.ini) file that loads whenever you startup FSX.  Just covering all bases with this as you do not provide a lot of information.

The ntdll.dll is a well-known error.  There is no known "one" fix that works for all.  The following is quoted from the CTD Guide:

"Several possibilities for the NTDLL.dll error are as follows:

• Most likely cause is outdated or corrupted hardware drivers. Run a driver update program as discussed in previous section.
  • Use the System File Checker (SFC \scannow) to look for corrupt or missing system files. See previous section for details on running this program.
  • Recently update video card drivers? Reinstall or install the previous version.
  • System overheating. Check (not common but it can cause this crash).
  • Wrong timings/voltages set for your installed RAM. Use the utility, CPU-Z, to check or look inside the BIOS (NOTE: With newer Mother Boards and Memory Simms, this issue is not as common as it was with earlier systems but it can still happen).
  • CPU voltage too high or too low (only if you manually adjusted this in the BIOS). You might be able to fix by returning your BIOS to Optimized Defaults or lowering your overclock by one point from say, 4.4GHz to 4.3GHz.
  • Remove the UIAutomationcore.dll from the main FSX folder, if installed (applies to FSX users only). A known fix (could be the wrong version placed in the FSX folder).
  • Check your dll.xml for duplicate entries or entries where the software was removed but the entry in the dll.xml still exists. Fix.
  • Disable User Access Controls (UAC) (see the section above for more information).
  • Update hardware drivers for your computer (especially on new computer systems or if the Windows OS has been reinstalled or upgraded) (see Driver Update information in this guide).
  • Disable MyTrafficX, v5.4c or MyTraffic6a in the Scenery Library to see if this program is the cause of the ntdll.dll error. It is believed to be caused by an AI scheduling programming error. For MyTrafficX go back to the 5.4b version or make sure no external AI program schedule is activated (i.e., the 2012 or 2013 Schedules on the developers website). The default schedule appears to be okay for most. Check the developers support forums for updated information and possible bug fixes. For MyTraffic6, some have fixed it by renaming the MyTrafficmil.bgl to MyTrafficmil.orig.
  • Some have seen this error when changing to payware aircraft after using another payware or default aircraft."

If you want to know how to use programs like the System File Checker, details are in the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM