Sign in to follow this  
betelgeuse

Runway bleed through at Rivne, Ukraine

The airport is UKLR, part of the freeware Ukraine06.zip available elsewhere and designed by Andrey Anta.

The runway altitude according to ADE is 751ft.  The airfield altitude shown in the default Cessna altimeter is 758.7ft.

The entire airfield appears to be flat and the altitude on the Cessna at numerous points shows 758.7ft consistently. This includes the full length of the runway.

I have tried flattens around the runway area at various altitudes, but I cannot get the correct runway texture to show. 

I'd be grateful for advice - it's a neat little scenery otherwise.

412746960.jpg

412746959.jpg

Supporter.png

John

Your Cessna altimeter should only be around 3.5ft higher than the airport altitude, so there's a problem with the airport scenery and the underlying terrain mesh. A quick fix is to copy the AFCAD file and paste it into your Scenery/World/Scenery folder, then change the filename to AF2_UKLR_elevation_adjustment.bgl to distinguish it from the 'active' AFCAD.

A quick fix is to copy the AFCAD file and paste it into your Scenery/World/Scenery folder, then change the filename to AF2_UKLR_elevation_adjustment.bgl to distinguish it from the 'active' AFCAD.

Thanks.

Which AFCAD file to copy and paste?  The stock airport or the Addon one? 

John

Supporter.png

John

Hi John, sorry I should have said copy the addon AFCAD.

The runway altitude according to ADE is 751ft. The airfield altitude shown in the default Cessna altimeter is 758.7ft.

And that's the problem. The afcad is set to 751 ft and thus seems to be adjusted for another mesh than yours (and mine). In reality, the airport has an altitude of 754 or 755 ft (according to several sources). With setting the airport altitude 755.8 ft I get an acceptable result without being too much off the real world altidude:

UKLR1_zpsgudbtqaq.jpg

UKLR2_zpswtczx30t.jpg

Sorry for the flying car. Yes, that is my altitude measuring vehicle.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

412747340.jpg

Thanks a bunch, A32xx.  Now you've got to explain what's going on with that....slowly now, I'm an old timer.

Speaking of which, Harald, love your vintage er...equipment.  :wink:

Supporter.png

John

Hi John, glad that's cured it for you. How it works is that the Scenery/World/Scenery files over-ride the Addon Scenery files, so whenever you find runway 'peeling' textures or bleed-throughs you can use this fix. As Harald says, this is quite common because the scenery designer will most likely use a different terrain mesh to you and me. That VW must be worth quite a few Euro's Harald, I hope the Owner's Club don't know you use it for Altitude testing! :wink:

Sounds like smoke and mirrors stuff to me, A32xx, but thanks all the same.

I drove a couple of those 'Beetles' back in 1970s. Never could find a right hand drive version of Harald's with the split rear screen. Pricey jobs, even then.

Then I married a wife and moved over to Citroen 2CVs which is a whole other story.

Best regards!

Supporter.png

John