Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

Flythemaddog MD80 VC Refreshed

Good that you also got it working. Did you do the same procedure as I wrote?

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

1st flight went great. 2nd flight was going great. 90 minutes in and P3D simply disappeared. Not even in the event log. After that it got worse. Wouldn't start. I simply did a system restore back to before I installed it. I'll try again another time. With or without the migration tool running it craps out.

Richie Walsh

ok, i'm done. will upload to sim-outhouse.

click on images to get the full size view.

md80_1.jpg

md80_2.jpg

md80_3.jpg

md80_4.jpg

md80_5.jpg

• Upvote 4

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Looks AMAZING!!!!! Nice work. It is making me attempt to put in back into P3D again.

Richie Walsh

Downloaded ! Thank you... :smile:

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Just downloaded and will use in FS9. Noticed that the textures are mipmapped, which is ok for FSX I belive, but that is usually not the case for FS9.

I can of course do the resizing for the 2048x2048 ones and save without mipmaps and remove the mipmaps from the rest, but that would cause a loss in quality as the dxt3 textures will be

re-compressed.

So what I suggest is that you make an FS9 specific version, resized to 1024x1024 and without mipmaps.

I will try them with mipmaps and see what happens though :)

Cheers!

P.S. Since none of the textures have any alpha information, you can save them as DXT1 (without alpha). At least if you make an FS9 version.

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much for your amazing work! I'm gonna re-install the Maddog and try to make it working in FSX-SE as soon as my computer is back from the repair shop!

Best regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

i have a fs9 version ready to go (with dxt1).  i got a request for the blue cockpit so i'll do that next and upload them.

there's a fictional present day AA livery for the 80 here on avsim lib.

dusk/dawn with the new vc glare shield lights, works for me.

md80_6.jpg

• Upvote 2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

i have a fs9 version ready to go (with dxt1).  i got a request for the blue cockpit so i'll do that next and upload them.

Awesome!!!

Shez, can you be more specific with the steps you took to get the maddog working in P3D? I used the estonia migration to install. When you say you "open the tool alongside P3d" are you referring to legacy mode, or just having the tool open with redirection enabled? 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity