Sign in to follow this  
mita_757

RXP GTN750/650

"

Coming Soon

Reality XP's GTN 650/750 Touch unveils the beginning of a new area in avionics simulation.

We are now also putting the final touch to our GTN 650/750 for Prepar3D and Flight Simulator.

Prepare yourself to embrace the Ultimate Glass Cockpit Upgrade, with our upcoming
simulation of the Garmin G500/G600 PFD/MFD for Prepar3D, Flight Simulator and XPlane.
(for which we offer a glimpse on this page).

Last but not least, we are also releasing an update to our Award Winning Reality XP GNS 430W/530W
updated first for XPlane, next for Prepar3D and Flight Simulator with some goodies...

Stay tuned for more exciting news coming up this fall!"

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

So, are they alive and kicking? And yet no support for FSX Steam and Prepar3D for the legacy GNS 430/530?

IS RealityXP  a  dffierent company from flight1?

I really would like them to Port their GNS530/430 over to P3D too. I find their products to be far superior on the account that you can have hardware with their GPS by assigning h/w buttons to operate their GPS.. like Go Flight or other hardware (5" GPS monitor).  

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

What the heck?!

Thought they were dead!

Is this a hacked site lol?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wow, they disappeared for a very long time and I'd even forgotten they existed and boom, they're back. I had their gauges and GNS for FSX and they were brilliant at the time. It's interesting they've shifted their focus to getting X-Plane support done first 

That being said, it's a pity they've taken the root of making a bridge to the official Garmin emulators and haven't tried to make or code their own solution. It would be nice to be able to use Navigraph or Aerosoft data with it and also run it on a non-Windows system and natively inside the sim. This and other Windows only addons are unfortuantely creating a divide on X-Plane since quite a lot of us use Macs or Linux.

Also, perhaps someone can correct me, but doesn't the Garmin emulators only come with data for the US?

It's worldwide data but they exclude airports with runways 4000 ft or less.

We'll need to find some pilots hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is this for real? Any cockpit integrations?

HA HA..Exactly what I am looking for.. I am so livid, Flight1 crippled the GNS 530. I feel, it was a pernicious thing to do to us simmers.

This is a screen scraping of the Garmin Demo.. So I am thinking others could do it too..  Not sure why Mindstar took the much harder path of rewriting everything from scratch..They too should use this technique of screen scrapping instead. ITs leveraging what Garmin provides as a free demo and you focus on the interface..instead of reinventing the wheel.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

XP 10 just got significantly better.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

One of the toughest parts is making it work in the many versions of flight simulator and OSs that we all use.

Just look at Flight1.. everytime P3D or FSX-SE or XPlane comes up with a version change, they get to retest their code to make sure it works, and adapt it as required.

At least FSX-MS is frozen, but even there, users are moving to Windows 10 etc

Bert

If I remember this right, the Reality XP GNS 430/530 (which I bought) could only run on 32-bit X-Plane, and it was never updated for the 64-bit version because it relied on the Garmin trainer which was 32-bit only. That led to a period where those of us who had updated to 64-bit X-Plane had no decent multi-function GPS until the native pop-up version was added by Laminar.

It sounds like Garmin might have updated the trainer to 64-bit now, so Reality XP can update their shell for the 430/530. That's interesting, but I don't know if there's any reason to run that instead of X-Plane's own GPS now. I do remember one neat feature the Reality XP 430/530 version had that the new X-Plane version doesn't, and that's the terrain avoidance alert. Not sure if there's anything else.

Anyway, the 650/760 looks interesting. I'd want to see how and if it integrates into various planes for the cockpit panel as well as a pop-up. It took a bit of plane developer effort to get even the new, default X-Plane 430/530 to work seamlessly in some models. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Yeah for integration of the GTN, I could see that taking a long time.  It took a while for FSX/P3D addons to have in cockpit integration.

I'm going to fall on the sword and get the 750 for XP.

Installing now.  I see they need the latest GDU/GTN trainer or the older 5.01 version.  I'm not going to install the new trainer because it wouldn't work with the F1 version for P3D.

edit:  So far not so good lol.  I see the plugin loading when I load XP10 but there is not an entry in the plugin menu like the rest of my plugins.  There should be one according to the XP GTN manual...  

HMMMM

I'm going to create a folder inside the plugins folder and name it after the gauge, copy the plugin to that folder, and try again

edit again:  Nope, not working.  Rats.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |