Sign in to follow this  
adyfoot

P3D with Windows 10

Hi everyone,

Long-term flight simmer here.  Following a leave of absence I am back with a vengeance. 

I'm just wondering whether, whilst Windows 10 is clearly supported by P3D and there are folks using it, it is recommended from a performance point of view.  To ask a more specific question; would I notice any difference in performance between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10? 

I'm just concerned that one doesn't have as much control over the environment in Windows 10 - i.e. automatic upgrades etc. and I wonder if this has a performance impact in general?  But, then again, I notice that Rob A uses Windows 10....

Thanks!

Ady

Corsair Obsidian 900D, ASUS Maximus XI Formula Motherboard, Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.2GHz (HT off), 32GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 2TB SeaGate FireCuda NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 2 x 6TB WD Black 7200rpm SATA, nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, ASUS ROG curved ultrawide 1440p monitor.  All water-cooled with EKWB blocks.

yes win10 is better

I moved from win7 to win10 and p3d is working much better/smoother and IMO win8.x are/were junk, i definitely recommend you switch to w10 especially from w8.x

wouldn't worry about automatic updates I haven't had any problems with it, also certain updates can be disabled and/or do not happen on their own such as video card drivers updates which if they did happen on their own that be terrible :shok:

however NO, i have had no problems since moving from 7 to 10 and I love it, yes sim runs better too.

Hello Ady,

Welcome!  :hi:

I moved to Windows 10 when it first came out, upgraded various times with program updates and have never looked back. One by one any concerns were alleviated or invalidated by actual practice.

P3D v 3.X runs smoother and faster in Windows 10 than any previous operating system.

I am a happy camper, so is my belief if you use Windows 10 you will jump a psychological barrier that hampers many from moving forward in this advancing hobby.

More importantly, learn and have fun doing it!

Kindest regards,

Hi everyone,

Long-term flight simmer here.  Following a leave of absence I am back with a vengeance. 

I'm just wondering whether, whilst Windows 10 is clearly supported by P3D and there are folks using it, it is recommended from a performance point of view.  To ask a more specific question; would I notice any difference in performance between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10? 

I'm just concerned that one doesn't have as much control over the environment in Windows 10 - i.e. automatic upgrades etc. and I wonder if this has a performance impact in general?  But, then again, I notice that Rob A uses Windows 10....

Thanks!

Ady

Running different version of P3D on different version of Win 10 just fine :-)

André

My P3D works perfectly, running as Admin, (just clicked on the desktop icon & set it there), my UAC is turneed right down, & it's installed, prior to my update from Window 7 to Windows 10, in it's default directory. AND, it loads faster than it did in Windows 7! :good: 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Win 10 is the Best Ever Windows version, after XP !

P3D up to the first release of v3 runed smooth and silk on my system.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...