Sign in to follow this  
HT5197

PMDG 777-300ER went crazy !

Here is a clip.

It happened when the aircraft is banking to the left with no reasons and I disconnected the autopilot and intended to correct it the direction. The product is licensed and activated and I still can't figure out what led to such a strange phenomenon ...

It happened when the aircraft is banking to the left with no reasons and I disconnected the autopilot and intended to correct it the direction. The product is licensed and activated and I still can't figure out what led to such a strange phenomenon ...

How close are you to the VAS limit?

Full names in the forum, too, please - first and last name.

Kyle Rodgers

Here is a clip.

Looks normal to me. Another day at the office :-)

Please provide any information or a view of entry into the unusual attitude. All you mention is you disconnected the autopilot... was the aircraft in a normal left turn or an uncommanded left turn?  We don't need a video if you can explain the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

If you are using Active Sky Next, (same may apply to AS2016) make sure the enhanced turbulence option is turned off, Also lower your wake turbulence to no more then 20%. I've seen AI traffic cause this if it's set higher, and one flies close to you..

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Did you apply opposite rudder and switched on the seatbelt sign?

Cheers, :-)

ps I have no clue what could have caused it, except as what Kyle mentioned. Low VAS throwing something out of whack. I personally don't think it's turbulence related as the flight

dynamics are not following common flight dynamic rules at all.

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

In fact it's not the first time for it to go crazy during the flight. I came across this issue one time when the aircraft was cruising at fixed altitude, and two times when the aircraft was climbing. 

So far I'm not sure what the causes are, but what I can tell you is that the plane goes uncontrollable after it made uncommanded deviation and I tried to take back control by disconnecting the autopilot. 

HT5197 (Kelvin Wong)

29/09/2016 

Please provide any information or a view of entry into the unusual attitude. All you mention is you disconnected the autopilot... was the aircraft in a normal left turn or an uncommanded left turn?  We don't need a video if you can explain the problem.

In fact it's not the first time for it to go crazy during the flight. I came across this issue one time when the aircraft was cruising at fixed altitude, and two times when the aircraft was climbing. 

So far I'm not sure what the causes are, but what I can tell you is that the plane goes uncontrollable after it made uncommanded deviation and I tried to take back control by disconnecting the autopilot. 

HT5197 (Kelvin Wong)

29/09/2016 

If you are using Active Sky Next, (same may apply to AS2016) make sure the enhanced turbulence option is turned off, Also lower your wake turbulence to no more then 20%. I've seen AI traffic cause this if it's set higher, and one flies close to you..

Tom Cain

I don't have any weather engines installed. I'm just using World of AI, GSX and several airport scenery.

Do asus motherboards still cause problems with the 777? I remember reading some threads about asus issues a while back.

Yeah... My motherboard is ASUS. Any more details about this ? Can the threads be found in this forum ?

Had exactly the same issue. Not had it for a while.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/486041-wierd-lnav-behaviour/

'veer off course', 'altitude decreases', 'disconnect the A/P to correct the issue', 'rolls forward and is uncontrollable', 'the aircraft smashes into the virtual ground'... His situation is so similar to mine (except the use of Active Sky Next). I think he has the same problem with me.

Yeah... My motherboard is ASUS. Any more details about this ? Can the threads be found in this forum ?

http://www.avsim.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1 - this is a list of threads in this forum which have the words "Asus Moherboard" in them. Some posts and threads might apply or they might not. It seems the problem had to do with the clock in the motherboard and batteries going dead. If the timing gets off, all hell can break loose.

Edit: Well the link is no good. I can't link to search results. So you will need to use the search feature. Remember to search in the forum - not this topic and enclose Asus Motherboard in quotes otherwise you will end up the anything that is Asus or any motherboard.