Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Need to reduce weather update window size.

I use a 4K 65" TV as a monitor.

When the GRIB weather update window comes up it is way too large

and takes up about a fifth of the screen real estate. Just wondering

where this panel is located and is it then possible to reduce it's size?

Also when the GRIB data has finally been downloaded and decoded I see

the window does not have a "Close" option listed.

I can right click and choose "Close Window" but the thing keeps coming back after about 20 seconds or so.

Using P3DV3.4, OpusFSI 4.67.3.

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

The window is not controlled by opus it's a standard sim text menu window so it's rendering is nothing to do with OpusFSI. It's a menu window so the close option is listed as one of the numbered options. Just click on the bottom option until the Close option appears then click on that. This is the only way our software knows it's been closed. It will reappear when the displayed weather data is updated as you fly en route, that's what makes it re appear. You can click on any part of the displayed text line to select it as an option. Just like the sims ATC window.

As for the text size, this is also down to the sim and not controllable. Not sure whether the sim software is dpi aware or not. You could try altering your Display text scaling before sim flying to try and get something more acceptable that way.

We will most likely be coming up with our own report window, displayed similar to the Spy window which we will be in control of. The latest beta also is multi screen aware.

Stephen :-)

Just click on the bottom option until the Close option appears then click on that.

Ok that works, thanks.

The window is not controlled by opus it's a standard sim text menu window so it's rendering is nothing to do with OpusFSI.

I found where this window can be re-sized:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\gauges\missionpanels.cfg.

Thanks again,

gb

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks for the link. We will add that to our GS Guide.

Regards

Stephen

Just a note that it is the simconnect window [Window12] that has to be changed

not the menu window [Window10].

gb.

Many thanks

Regards

Stephen

I just installed OpusFSI Beta 4.67.7 and the Opus weather window has

returned to it's massive size in the middle of the screen.

My previous changes to the simconnect window12 are still there so just wondering what has changed?

Thanks,

gb.

As I previously said I do not set, control or have any control over the size of text used in the 'simulators' text menus. It's absolutely nothing to do with OpusFSI. So nothing has changed, the same SimConnect functions are used as they have always been used to request display and submit text (no font info) to the sim for displaying in the user menu text window.

Has your sim allocated a different window number to it?

This is a sim rendering anomaly and nothing to do with the external FSISERVER program. I suspect your cfg alterations no longer identify the text window.

I am working on an alternative to using the sims text window which will also allow you to display up to nine weather reports, positioned and sized by the user on single/multiple screen systems. The user can also adjust the font, font style, and size.

See SimForums Coming Soon topic.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/coming-soon_topic43213_post356286.html#356286

If you find out what had changed on your sim cfg side please let us know as we added your last findings to the user guide. The next beta will provide you with an alternative but that will depend whether you run the sim in windowed mode or have a second screen attached.

Stephen

If you find out what had changed on your sim cfg side please let us know as we added your last findings to the user guide. The next beta will provide you with an alternative but that will depend whether you run the sim in windowed mode or have a second screen attached.

Stephen

Hi Stephen.

After running it yesterday post update and seeing the window back to it's large size

I ran it a few times this morning without changing any thing and it's running as it should

with the window the right size and in position.

Can't explain it.... but all seems good now.

gb.

Thanks for the update.

I am preparing to post OpusFSI Beta Version 4.68.0 today (hopefully this morning UK time). This beta gives you an option to display Opus Wx Reports where you can control the size, font, and screen position. They will be most useful if you run the sim in windowed mode or have a second screen to move them on to. It will give you another option and allow up to nine reports to be displayed at once.

Stephen :smile: