Sign in to follow this  
Navigator43

High idle RPM

Good day sim pilots I recently bought the D0228 beautiful aircraft. But my problem is that my props are running at high RPM like 75% with the throttles on idle. Is this normal for this aircraft?

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Be sure you release the prop lock right after starting each engine by reversing throttle, then immediacy returning tpo idle. ( I just click on reverse then pull throttle forward to idle)

Hope this helps..

As I can remember from the POH the aircraft should avoid operations below 67% in ground idle and minimum 96% while in flight.

That's how geared turboprops like the TPE331 are, completely different beasts to free power turbines that you'd get in a PW120 (which is what FSX simulates by default).

Geared turboprops run at over 70% rpm for taxi and 95-100% rpm in flight. The amount of thrust is controlled by adjusting the propeller pitch angle, and an engine speed governor adds the fuel necessary to maintain the RPM commanded by the condition levers. This makes the engines much more responsive, since they're already near maximum RPM. But it also makes them very loud.

A car analogy would be driving everywhere at max red-line RPM, and using the clutch to control acceleration (mmm burning clutch smell)

The propeller must be unfeathered during engine start, because the starter motor must turn both the engine and prop as they are directly connected, and feathered propellers present excessive resistance to being rotated by the starter; that's why you have start locks. In reality (not modelled on the Carenado) if you command too much thrust without appropriately high RPM then EGT will exceed limits and possibly start an engine fire, because the air being pulled through the engine core is what cools it

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg