Sign in to follow this  
red259

Fslabs airbus with Orbx NA LC in FSX-SE

I'm looking for feedback on anyone who is spending a lot of time flying FSLabs airbus in FSX-SE and also using Orbx North america LC. Are you having issues with OOM? Are you flying into and out of payware airports. I have FTX global  and run ASN with rex soft clouds but I would like to add more to my simulator (I don't have any issues with OOM at the moment because its pretty bare bones). I'm running DX10 with Steve's fixer. How is the north america landclass performance with higher end aircraft? I don't really want to be spending the money on it if its going to cause problems. I own a ton of payware airports but I didn't bother reinstalling them with my new system. I used to have a lot of OOM with the PMDG 777 (although I believe there was an update where they improved vas usage and I haven't gone back to try it since then). Any thoughts on how VAS hungry NA LC is would be appreciated. Does vector significantly add to vas usage?  

I have the NGX and 777 working with Open LC NA and EU along with Global ground textures in regular FSX and have not had any issues with VAS. I don't use ORBX Vector though, I use UTX USA and EU.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have the NGX and 777 working with Open LC NA and EU along with Global ground textures in regular FSX and have not had any issues with VAS. I don't use ORBX Vector though, I use UTX USA and EU.

Do you use default airports or do you fly into and out of payware airports?

Any thoughts on how VAS hungry NA LC is would be appreciated. Does vector significantly add to vas usage?  

it is somewhat VAS hungry, in my opinion. maybe 400-500megs more than compared to without it, at least around the very populated spots like in the bay area. you can adjust it a bit, there are a lot of settings of different objects to enable or disable.

i found that using flightbeam ksfo, nca, and pmdg777 was about impossible. i uninstalled ksfo and it still is cutting it very close to land at sfo but it works. with the 777 i turn autogen off to give me some extra headroom. 

using the 737ngx at one of the airports from the region like KNUQ i will have maybe 650-700meg free with sparse autogen. flyable, but one must keep an eye on it.

using more lightweight planes it is relatively trouble free. 

i don't have any experience with the fslabs plane to test the numbers with that, sorry. if it's anything like their concorde, i would say it is similar to the pmdg777 in footprint, maybe slightly bigger.

i don't believe having vector will really affect the VAS here since i think the orbx regions have their own vector data built in (along with the mesh and landclass they use). in theory it should just ignore the global vector/utx data although i can't say i have tested this exhaustively.

cheers

-andy crosby

Do you use default airports or do you fly into and out of payware airports?

I only fly with payware airports and PMDG aircraft, along with a combination of UT2 and WOAI AI installed. Using Global, UTX US or EU, WOAI/UT2 and the PMDG 737 or 777, flying into payware airports like KDFW, KLAX, KJFK, KSFO I usually have more than 1GB of VAS available and not even close to having an OOM.

Just the other day I flew the PMDG 777 from FSDT's KLAX to UK2000's EGLL (Heathrow) using Global, UTX EU AND USA, ORBX LC NA and EU, 90% AI and had 1.3 GB of VAS available. I was able to park, refuel and then fly back to KLAX and land with 1.5 GB of VAS left and didn't need to restart FSX between flights.

So in other words, ORBX LC NA and EU with all those other addons running didn't hurt VAS or cause and OOM issues.

Forgot to mentio I was also running AS16 with ASCA for weather and clouds along the way.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've flown the FSL Airbus a lot in FSX-SE with Orbx NA LC and Vector installed and do have numerous payware airports as well. No problems with OOM issues so long as 1) road traffic is OFF, 2) AI traffic is kept sparse, and 3) Vector settings have minor details OFF, such as tertiary roads, traffic, etc. High AI air traffic volume and Vector settings will eat up lots of VAS...

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png