Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

LIMITED TIME OFFER: 50% Off DragonflyVR Flight Yoke (British Columbia)

This looks like a great deal!!  50% off Iris Dynamics DragonflyVR Flight Yoke and Handle (October 24th through November 2, 2016) - https://vs3.irisdynamics.com/product/idl-20004-dragonflyvr-flight-yoke/

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

looks like a deal indeed, but I couldn't find a lot of information on this yoke. Anyone knows where to find a review?

And just for the record. $1550 down to $900 isn't 50%, although it is still a very good deal.

Peter

Hi Jim,looks like a deal indeed, but I couldn't find a lot of information on this yoke. Anyone knows where to find a review?And just for the record. $1550 down to $900 isn't 50%, although it is still a very good deal.Peter

Yeah, you missed the part about applying the coupon, which knocks down another 250....

(Still not 50%, and you need to add something else, but depending on how you consider the final price it's even more than 50%)

Just got delivery of the unit today.  Nice piece of hardware and there are dampening forces as a standalone.  For best results users will have to purchase a plugin from FS Force (http://fs-force.com/).  There is a demo version, user has to fly out of KSEA for it to work.  I'll report back with my findings.

\Robert Hamlich/

I have been using the yoke for a couple of days.  Haven't flown with many aircraft but have tried a few. The construction and feel is solid and the yoke is built to last.  The shipping packaging and foam are designed to safeguard the yoke in transit.  The handle comes unattached and it could be a little tricky to plug the connector into the slot inside the collar of the yoke but it is doable even with my big fingers.  There is lots of documentation and all the instructions are clear.  The only thing that I do not like is the foam covering the handle's of the yoke.  It is the type that may become sticky with use over time so I suggest that the user clean the handle with a damp cloth using tap water after prolonged use. 

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick review and posts!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just tried. "coupon limit has been reached"  :mad:

It could be an error or they are out of supplies.  The ad does state "until supplies last".  I believe the owner is monitoring this topic and perhaps will provide an explanation.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

It could be an error or they are out of supplies.  The ad does state "until supplies last".  I believe the owner is monitoring this topic and perhaps will provide an explanation.

Best regards,

Jim

Thats fine Jim but the ad and banner is still running on the website. If the limit has been reached it would be prudent to remove the advertising and the deal from the Iris website

Agree!  But I did say in my OP it looks like a great deal and evidently it was!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hey all,

Very sorry, technical error on our end (coupon/inventory limit was incorrectly set when this was launched.)

If anyone has any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them!

-pat

Iris Dynamics Ltd.