Sign in to follow this  
Keven Menard

[Quick Fix] Aerosoft Airbus

Those fixes are temporary. We plan on working with other developers to make ChasePlane compatible without having to modify configuration files.

If you are having issues with views on the Aerosoft Airbus, follow these steps:

1. Launch your simulator and load an Aerosoft Airbus aircraft
  2. Make sure to disable the View System from the First Officer MCDU (Options > Views)
  3. Close the simulator
  4. Navigate to your SimObjects\Airplanes\(Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base|Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base)\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems folder
  5. Rename the file called "View.xml" to "View-old.xml"
  6. Restart the simulator and test camera switches using ChasePlane

Issues with another aircraft?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498124-quick-fix-issues-where-cameras-are-not-changing-properly/page-0

• Upvote 4

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

Thanks for the quick fix and the small updates in a day-time.

Really enjoying this software  :smile:

Maxime
TOGA projects

Hi Keven,

Your fix seems to fix the problem mentioned, thank you. :)  But somehow the zoom function while setting up the presets does not work with the Aerosoft Airbus. Any ideas?

Regards

Timothy

But somehow the zoom function while setting up the presets does not work with the Aerosoft Airbus. Any ideas?

Is it specific to the Aerosoft Airbus?

If not, feel free to create a new thread

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Is it specific to the Aerosoft Airbus?

It seems to me. Zoom function works flawless for PMDG 737 and 777.

Regards

Timothy

It seems to me. Zoom function works flawless for PMDG 737 and 777.

If you right click while in the cockpit, is the camera set to ChasePlane On-Board or another view?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Does this fix the issue that on Airbus X I cannot use ROLL in the CAM? It did not work on PMDG and Airbus X, but works on default planes for me.

Does this fix the issue that on Airbus X I cannot use ROLL in the CAM? It did not work on PMDG and Airbus X, but works on default planes for me.

the camera roll axis should work regardless of the aircraft

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

With that "Change the line Hotkeyselect=4 to //Hotkeyselect=4" I fixed my outside view in the freeware manfred jahn C-47 and A2A planes.

Outside view works now.

• Upvote 1

Kimo

Keven,

I use the FSLabs A320X in FSX-SE with no problems. Initially, I had a problem with Outside ChasePlane view, but I then commented out all the Hotkeyselect instance in the IAE and CFM aircraft.cfg files.

However, in my case these files were in SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\ and SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 IAE\, respectively. There are no \Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems in my FSLabs installation.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

The suggested fix for the Aerosoft Airbus did not work for me.

I have found that the Focal camera control works fine if the cockpit view is set to On-Board(ChasePlane) and not Glareshield Main Panel.

I did this by right clicking in the VC view and selecting Cockpit View then On-Board(ChasePlane).

But, if I set the view to Cinematic, or just exit the sim and come back to the Airbus, the default view is set back to Glareshield Main Panel.

Does anyone know how to make the default view On-Board(ChasePlane)? I think that would solve the problem.

Keven,

I use the FSLabs A320X in FSX-SE with no problems. Initially, I had a problem with Outside ChasePlane view, but I then commented out all the Hotkeyselect instance in the IAE and CFM aircraft.cfg files.

However, in my case these files were in SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\ and SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 IAE\, respectively. There are no \Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems in my FSLabs installation.

Likewise I do not have the path mentioned in the original post.  I will try by using the paths/files mentioned by SierraDelta

Likewise I do not have the path mentioned in the original post.  I will try by using the paths/files mentioned by SierraDelta

Confirmed that SierraDelta is correct and that his fix works for FSL Airbus.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

For the Aerosoft Airbus specifically, go into the panel.cfg (for each version) and comment out the line that starts and ends...

gauge46 [...] AB_Systems!View,0,0,1,1

Just put a double slash before it.

//gauge46...

This should be a better fix without having to tinker mcdu menus and renaming xml files. Also this fix is very easy for Keven to implement in Chaseplane "check" routine, because i highly doubt Aerosoft will ever change anything regarding their view systems (A330 will have the same).

Also as a "Check" routine should be implemented a Hotkeyselect conflict finder that scans every aircraft.cfg to remove potential conflicts.

We suggest our method because it requires 2 file rename instead of having to find and comment 7 lines in a file located in 7 different folders.

This is indeed something we plan on auto-fixing in the very short future.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42