Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Impossible to map hat-switch to live camera.

Hi. Is there a reason my hat switch is not picked up by your software? My hat switch is recognised in the windows calibration as button presses. 

Is there any way to enable this please?

Thanks.

Keith Sandford.

The hat switch is not recognised as a controller button by the sim.

As an external program, OpusFSI responds to Joystick events received via SimConnect from the sim.

Hence, the sim must recognise both the controller (stick) and its buttons.

Opus recommends you use the hat switch as it was intended, altering the eye points PBY within the sim. This will not conflict with opus DHM which is restricted to the XYZ axes.

Stephen

I believe some users have configured the hat switch to mimic buttons or key strokes within fsuipc4. I cannot advise on this as I've never done it.

Another option is to add a 'pure' button controller to extend the number of buttons available. OpusFSI will allow up to eight controllers (joysticks) to be accepted as events through SimConnect.

Stephen

I tried to use the arrow keys. But that is also not possible. I ended by not using life camera control. Don't have any spare keys.

You can instead move the eye point with the usual commands in FSX (Shift Control Enter etc.). That worked for me. You can even map them to the hat switch in FSUIPC.

The sim does not allow such keys to be passed through as events.

For Live Camera Control (LCC) just use a Sony Gamepad controller (I use a Dualshock) for dedicated LCC use, or something similar. That's what we recommend in the guide, any 6-axis Gamepad controller with driver should do the job. They don't cost much at all. This allows you to fly around the cockpit or exterior to you hearts content. You can even use LCC to define/create camera views.

Stephen

You should not use any 'in sim' eye point altering commands as opus (or any addon) will have absolutely no idea what you have done or where the eye point is. They've won't be compatible with DHM or TrackIR either.

If you do alter the zoom manually then you may have to reset it manually. View control and monitoring inside the sim is very primitive.

Stephen