Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What's your favorite P3D addon airport?

I'll start...FlyTampa, Tampa.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

So many....   I'll have to go by company.

Taxi2Gate - KSEA - Stunningly beautiful work and runs great.

FS Dream Team - KDFW - My home airport irl.  The level of detail is ridiculous, right down to the statues of kids playing in the Founder's Plaza on the Northwest side of the airport.

Flightbeam - KPHX - I love their rendition of Phoenix.  It is one of my favorite airports to land at.

Flytampa - KMDW - This airport gives me nightmares because of the short runways.  I always feel my pulse pumping on these landings.

LatinVFR - TJSJ - San Juan looks absolutely stunning and runs great.

TropicSiim - KMCI - Good rendition and performs great.

SXAD - KBNA - Finally!  Some good Nashville airport scenery!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

SXAD - KBNA - Finally! Some good Nashville airport scenery!

I've looked at it but have been sitting on my hands after buying their Norfolk.  o.O

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I've looked at it but have been sitting on my hands after buying their Norfolk.  o.O

I loaded up the SIM to take pics so you can see it from a User's point of view rather than a website trying to sell you something.   I love this KBNA by SXAD.  Runs smooth!  Looks good!  Plenty of AI traffic working right.   Here are some shots below I took real quick for you.    It's not Flightbeam/FSDT quality but it's up there and 100x better than any Default AFCAD and reasonably priced!   I didn't have a real problem with their first try airports either but with KBNA they learned some lessons and put them to use here!

KBNA-01.png

KBNA-07.png

KBNA-06.png

KBNA-04.png

KBNA-03.png

KBNA-02.png

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I loaded up the SIM to take pics so you can see it from a User's point of view rather than a website trying to sell you something.

It does look better and I would like an airport in TN so, maybe I'll pick it up on a sale.  Norfolk is kind of green (literally) and they really didn't finish it.  It was kinda like an airport 'wannabe'.

I too like Midway...just feels well done.  Flightbeam KIAD is another.

Gregg Seipp

Not in any particular order.

1. Fly Tampa - Princes Juliana

2. Fly Tampa OMDB (Dubai)

3. Fly Tampa Kai Tak

4. Thai Creations VNKT (KAtmandu, Nepal)

5. Aerosoft PARO (Bhutan)

6. Aerosoft LUKLA (Nepal)

7. LLH's Courchevel 18degree sloped runway in the French Alps

8. ORBX Sedona

9. Aerosoft Gibraltar 

10. Aerosoft KASE (Aspen) and ORbx KEGE Eagle CO.

There are many airports that are pretty to look at..but ultimately what makes me fly to an airport is the Airport itself that are challenging that makes me fly to that airport and not necessarily because that add on is good. Except for OMDG (Fly Tampa)..its nothing  challenging but the entire city around it al;ong with Chri's Night Environment puts it over the top.

Then I look for airports that would feed to all these airports...any addon airport surrounding these "go to airports" are the next tier airports  that I like... e.g. I like Flightbeam Phoenix cause I have MEgascnery HD photoscenery + autogen for the area and I can fly to Sedona in a jiffy... and KPHX looks good,

I end up ignoring an area that gives  me OOMs or FPS drop to the teens like UK London... I simply have not flown in that zone in a long time..

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I hardly ever use addon airports... The plane and the flight are more important to me. I never leave the cockpit so most detail a payware addon airport offers is wasted on me. I only spend 5 to 10 percent of my flying time on airports anyway. You could say my favorite 'payware' airports are the updated FTX region airports: they are good enough for me.

I also don't like addon airports because they kind of force me to fly only to those. As I said elsewhere I like everything to be of the same quality and with addon airports I feel a bit limited. But that's just me. ;) Addon airports simply aren't worth the money for me.

Tore Stranden's Framnes, Narvik Airport published by ORBX. The Entire city and airport is modelled in stunning detail, and performance is stellar.

Second best would be Fly Tampa's Dubai, which does kind of the same thing.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Tore Stranden's Framnes, Narvik Airport published by ORBX. The Entire city and airport is modelled in stunning detail, and performance is stellar.

Second best would be Fly Tampa's Dubai, which does kind of the same thing.

I have to admit I thought (and still think) about getting that one, not to fly regular flights to or from it but to use it as some sort of mini-sim in a sim and to only fly there in for instance a trike. As you would when you own a very small plane in real life and mainly only fly short tours around your home airport. Seems the perfect addon airport for this. Just to enjoy the scenery and not so much for the simulation of flight.

FSDT CYVR

FSDT KLAX

FT VHHX

FT CYYZ

FB KSFO

FB KIAD

FT CYYZ

I'm scared of getting CYYZ.  The stories I see about performance and VAS in that area....

Gregg Seipp