Sign in to follow this  
trainut123

x10 set up

can anyone help with scenery set up ,   I am new to x plane, only had it for 10 days ,    ihave fsx with a lot of orbx , which is ok ,  but I thought I would try x10.    my pc spec is not to bad 4.5+32.gbddr4 ram nice and stable ,    since I have been trying x10 I get a very small amount of scenery most total flat no mesh ,    so last night I downloaded all the world scenery thinking this is my problem,  went to fly this morning still the same,    airports don't exsist just runways and bare spaces London heathrow looked like my local playing field,    I no its me I am missing something,  I tried x11 yesterday and by the look of it that's for me, I also find taking off on both 10/and11 the yaw to the left is to extreme very hard to do saitek52. in x11 if you set yaw settings at only10% seems to help    thanks hoping

alpilotx.net  is the best mesh you will get for any sim most of the world is covered except a few.  After that get W2XP from the Xplane forum or simheaven

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Train,

If you do some searching, you will find many freeware sceneries out there for many different airports that are generally pretty good. In regards to land class type data that would be handled with mesh, I would fully agree with Humpty above regarding using the alpilotx HD mesh. Make sure when you go to install that that you set it at the lowest level in your scenery index so that it doesn't cover up any of the airports that you install. The easiest way to do this is just watch an installation video on youtube and you will see how you re-arrange the order in which XP 10 stacks the scenery layers.