Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 2.0 (Gate-to-Gate Control) Open Beta Prepar3D

Here's the links to the latest update (Hot Fix 2 only):

If anyone still needs Hot Fix 1 (full install), it is available at: 

I'm pushing this hot fix out a little early as I'm in-and-out the next week or so due to holidays and wanted to get an update out.  Many changes under the hood having to do with taxi and throttle smoothness.  However, I'm aware that the AI on average is landing a little harder with this hot fix (I'll get around to tweaking that).

New/Improved:  AI will now taxi more smoothly including rolling through turns.  Must use the new "option" to disable all slewing during taxi options in "Settings/Options/Taxi Options/Assist AI with Slew during Sharp Turns."  This option must be disabled to make the AI taxi under engine power/brakes/tiller during all phases of taxi.

New/Improved:  Increased throttle smoothness including better speed control.

Fixed:  Better runway selection based on wind direction (sometimes selected runway did not best match wind direction).

Fixed:  Sometimes AI would fly too high when using the optional generic approach patterns.

Fixed:  Other minor items.

If you reported a bug or suggestion and it is not included here, I probably just haven't got to it yet.  Please feel free to raise the same issue if you feel something is falling through the cracks.  The next update will focus on taxi smoothness.

-Roland

I have been a long time user of AI Controller 1.4 but honestly used it in default mode and never really understood the intricacies of the program.  Just installed version 2 hotfix 2 and watched the video posted here.  A few questions that I have.

1) Is it best to turn off the new traffic cull feature of FSUIPC?  If not, what are the recommended settings?

2) For the intelligent AI traffic tool - what are the best settings to ensure you get rid of aircraft you will never see (i.e. on the ground at another airport) but still keep enough AI in the air for you to see while flying?  I would assume that culling in the air a distance of 20 miles or more would be sufficient.

3) Just watching at CYYZ with SID/STAR's active and I notice aircraft turn enroute right after takeoff.  This makes sense for the program because CYYZ Sids are setup to be essentially runway heading and then turn encourse.  The issue is in RW they cannot turn before 3600ft for noise, so how do you adjust the SIDS to accomodate?

4) And lastly, is there any downside to converting the Sids/Stars for every airport included in the NavData so that you are covered wherever you fly ?

thanks,

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Sorry, two more quick questions.

1) Do you need to define the "monitored" airport or are all airports monitored based on the user location?

2) I tried to enter some of the intelligent AI filtering options at JFK and when I did every single aircraft became "not monitored".  As soon as I deleted my options then they all were monitored again (pre-taxi, taxi, etc.).  Is this correct behavior ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Really sorry to add another question.  I setup at several airports to watch the traffic.  I notice that no aircraft ever land (This was at FlightBeam KSFO and FSDT KJFK).  they taxi take off etc but then seem to disappear very quickly after takeoff....maybe at 1500ft.  Aircraft on short final always are killed before they actually land.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

Why not '//' for disabled and nothing for enabled? This would make the two pieces of software run flawlessly together.

I'm having too many issues with running AIController over a network with regards to file locations. It's quite a lot of work to make sure all the entries in the scenery.cfg file comply with the correct syntax, particularly as scenery.cfg is regularly updated. I'm running into so many errors, I haven't even managed to get the main part of the software running yet! Is it not possible, in your Program Config Paths menu, to have an checkbox to select whether you are running over a network or not and if so, type the P3D computer's name, in my case '//SIM2'? From that point on, any path, however it is constructed, is deemed to be on the computer specified. If you select that you aren't running on a network, then any path, once again, however it is constructed, is deemed to be on the local machine. I'm not an expert on UNC and networks so this might not be possible!

Yes, I could have swore AIMonitor used to do that (support nothing for enabled and "//" for disabled for the very same reasons you mentioned ).  I'll check and try to add this feature.

Network configuration is difficult....the most complaints I receive are due to absolute paths (e.g., C:\P3D Apps\....) being used in scenery config.  I have an absolute path-to-UNC translator in the advanced path options, but it is still tedious to get everything translated.  A problem with just relying on the computer name (e.g,. //SIM2) for UNC is that people tend to give shared folders short names (e.g., \\SIM2\P3D) that don't correspond to their actual local path (e.g., C:\P3D Apps\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3).

Hi,is there a way to configure ai controller for other countries as well

Yes, just watch the video linked in the original post.

Unfortunately, they no longer follow the taxiways. They run in circles at the holding point, they run on the grass, they cross the buildings.... The pushback goes so far, that the planes go on the runway.

That makes it seem like AIController isn't reading the correct scenery file...what is listed for the "TAXI=LTBA,...." entry in AIControllerPath.txt?  Also, make sure you're not watching AI using an overlayed window (e.g., a second window).

1.) sometime AI traffic moves to the opposite rwy that is displayed in AI Monitor (e.g. EGLL display 9R (right rwy according to wind) - traffic movement 27L)
2.) Traffic stops in some place on the Apron (mostly short after Pushback) - AI Monitor displaying "Taxi Out Stop Queued for Takeoff Clearance"
3.) Traffic stops some distance before Hold Short and wait forever (until deleted) as "Taxi Out Stop at Hold Short Waitng for Takeoff Clearance"
4.) any change in config resets the UT2Compatibility to "0"

Regarding (1), hopefully hotfix 2 improves this situation.

Regarding (2) and (3), is there landing traffic nearby?  Departing AI less than the runway anti-incursion distance (default is 2.5 nm) from arriving AI will prevent that departing AI from crossing any hold-shorts.  The AIController command window will output updates like "The AI on the ground will be commanded to STOP until incursion cleared."  If so, reduce the default distance to see if that helps.  Probably need to clarify this in AIMonitor, which suggests anti-incursion only applies to AI vying for the same runway.  

Regarding (4)...got it, will fix.

One thing I noticed though was the taxiing seemed a little off.  The AI would stop at intersections they needed to turn at and would sit and almost like they were pondering something then a very slow turn.  And the turn looked mechanical.  I think I fixed it though upping the the turn speed to 2.5. 

This should be a lot better with hot fix 2 (make sure to turn off "slew-assisted turns" in the taxi options though and you may also need to reset you taxi settings -- after exporting/saving your old settings -- back to default).  If I grow confident with the new taxi capabilities I may eventually make slew-assisted turns default off. 

how does AI Controler need ADE files with star-technique? There are complex airports with even more than one crosswind runway and developers provide special ADE files designed for different wind directions and the user selects one for each wind.

Does AI Controler benefit from such or does it really no need them since it selects the runways properly accoring to the wind.

No, I would use the "force arrival and departure" runways feature in AIMonitor for complex airports with more than one crosswind runway.

1. It seems AI isn't slowing down on taxi turns and as secondary measure it is getting slew turned at its point based on the stop angle setting. Don't know if it matters but for fsx taxi control I have toe brake scalar at 0.2 for most AI, tried increasing brake gain up to 10 in settings but no difference. The AI keeps taxing at its speed and jerks to halt at the intersection in slew, at some points it turns with stopping if it is slow enough. The taxi turn speed scalar is affecting degree rate of turn at slew but couldn't see any change in taxi speed approaching turn.
2. Like others seeing AI getting push backed too far and arrival one stopping bit early at parking.
3. Many AI going around citing too low on approach. Dropping in altitude between CI and FI waypoint at final though both have same assigned altitude.
4. AI engine sounds seem to be dropping to idle instantly and appear like gasping. A gradual throttle decrease might minimize this or perhaps keeping throttle little above idle.

Regarding (1), please check out hot fix 2 (make sure to turn slew-assisted turns off and reset any taxi performance tweaks).

Regarding (2) and (3), I have received several reports of this, will look into this for the next fix.

Regarding (4), throttle variation should be much improved for hot fix 2.

I can confirm 3 and 4.
3 is the reason for frequent go around.

Thanks, will look into it.

Is there a "did you do this or that" questioning to solve this "problem"?

Yes, is there a stock UK airport this is happening at (I ask because it is easier for me to test)?  Is AIController outputting any text to the console window regarding the problematic AI when the nose-dive occurs?  One way to track this more easily is to reduce AI traffic density so that it is easier to track AI status (less text to track in the AI console window).  Also, please zip up and send the AIControll.ini, AIControllerPath.txt, AIControllerList.txt and taxi-graph.txt file to me at AIController2 (at) gmail.com 

1) Is it best to turn off the new traffic cull feature of FSUIPC?  If not, what are the recommended settings?

2) For the intelligent AI traffic tool - what are the best settings to ensure you get rid of aircraft you will never see (i.e. on the ground at another airport) but still keep enough AI in the air for you to see while flying?  I would assume that culling in the air a distance of 20 miles or more would be sufficient.

3) Just watching at CYYZ with SID/STAR's active and I notice aircraft turn enroute right after takeoff.  This makes sense for the program because CYYZ Sids are setup to be essentially runway heading and then turn encourse.  The issue is in RW they cannot turn before 3600ft for noise, so how do you adjust the SIDS to accomodate?

4) And lastly, is there any downside to converting the Sids/Stars for every airport included in the NavData so that you are covered wherever you fly ?

Regarding (1), not familiar with the new traffic cull feature of FSUIPC, but glad to hear it, I'll have to check it out!  I would say whichever cull feature (FSUIPC or AIC) suits your needs better, use that and turn the other one off.

Regarding (2), probably these settings (from top-to-bottom in the AI Custom Traffic Density window):  2,40,0,1,0

Regarding (3), in the Options\General Options window, increase AI Climbout Height for Vectors (feet AGL) from the default value of 500 to something higher.

Regarding (4), I would use the SIDSTAR Converter program and click the "Organize procedures into State/Provinces Folders" to make it all easier to organize.  Then disable those States/Provences in AIMonitor that you're flying nowhere near.  Although you can enable everything...it will use a lot of main memory (which your computer probably has plenty of - it will not consume any extra FSX/P3D virtual address space) and more CPU occupancy (due to increase table lookups).  If you're running on a network computer, it won't be a problem.  I would just say for your favorite airports, I would spend some time to see how the traffic flows and tweak accordingly (e.g., modify/delete the converted procedures you don't like). 

1) Do you need to define the "monitored" airport or are all airports monitored based on the user location?

2) I tried to enter some of the intelligent AI filtering options at JFK and when I did every single aircraft became "not monitored".  As soon as I deleted my options then they all were monitored again (pre-taxi, taxi, etc.).  Is this correct behavior ?

(1) Yes, you define a monitored airport in AIMonitor by (1) entering the ICAO for the airport (for generic patterns) or specifying a SID/STAR/approach/final files for the airport (e.g., files generated by the SIDSTAR Converter after converting nav data).

(2) What were the options you entered (from top to bottom)?  I'll check it out.  Could be a bug in the AICull feature.

Really sorry to add another question.  I setup at several airports to watch the traffic.  I notice that no aircraft ever land (This was at FlightBeam KSFO and FSDT KJFK).  they taxi take off etc but then seem to disappear very quickly after takeoff....maybe at 1500ft.  Aircraft on short final always are killed before they actually land.  

Quite alright...seems like it could be an AICull bug...what AICull settings were you using?  Were you using any of the FSUIPC cull features?  I have both of those airports, so we should be able to get to the bottom of this.

Roland,

Would you have any idea why AIConv ignores converting airports with SID entries but no STAR entry? I just noticed that the converted KALB is that way.

I setup at several airports to watch the traffic.  I notice that no aircraft ever land (This was at FlightBeam KSFO and FSDT KJFK).  they taxi take off etc but then seem to disappear very quickly after takeoff....maybe at 1500ft.  Aircraft on short final always are killed before they actually land.  

Just to follow up based on what another user reported (he actually reminded me)...this could be caused by the user aircraft near the AI in a takeoff config (e.g., landing lights and strobe lights on and less than on 10 kts).  This option can also be changed/disabled in the Anti-incursion window.

Would you have any idea why AIConv ignores converting airports with SID entries but no STAR entry? I just noticed that the converted KALB is that way.

No...I'll look into it (I know I'm saying "I'll look into" a lot..but it helps me document issues I need to look into at a later time!).

It's not a major issue. I just happened to notice it. It's simple to reproduce. First, take a look at the PMDG formatted version of KALB. There seems to be a some type of SIDS entry:

SIDS
SID ALB6
 RNW 01 HDG 011 UNTIL 690 HDG 011 VECTORS
 RNW 10 HDG 101 UNTIL 690 HDG 110 VECTORS
 RNW 19 HDG 191 UNTIL 690 HDG 191 VECTORS
 RNW 28 HDG 281 UNTIL 690 HDG 281 VECTORS
ENDSIDS

but the converted version doesn't show anything but approaches. This may be normal behavior for AIConv for all I know.

(2) What were the options you entered (from top to bottom)?  I'll check it out.  Could be a bug in the AICull feature.  

Quite alright...seems like it could be an AICull bug...what AICull settings were you using?  Were you using any of the FSUIPC cull features?  I have both of those airports, so we should be able to get to the bottom of this.

2) above -  3/25/0/0/blank

- Using cull numbers as above, nothing in FSUIPC.

2) above -  3/25/0/0/blank

Mark W   CYYZ      

This is a great utility. Just to provide some feedback since moving from 1.4 to the latest 2.0A with HF2.

- AI Culling is not working with option 4. All other options appear to be working.

- I'm getting a lot of AI that seem to have issues when lining up. Happens at a variety of airports, the AI get the cue to lineup, start to move then pause half way through the manouver. 

- I've also had a number of instances where AI are lining up in front of me on short final. A check of AI Monitor tells me that taxing and lining up A/C are not being monitored by AI Controller. This makes it hard to explain the point above.

- I've also encountered a number of times when AI have landed and then backtracked the runway despite multiple runway exits. Happens a lot to me at Uk2000's EGLL.

Keep up the great work though - it's a fantastic program!!

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Hello ,

i have AI Controller and Supertrafficboard... I want used both programms, but if I used AI Controller , then I have no reaction at the Superboardtraffic... anyone have a Idea?

​thanks

Greets Andre

I use both together and they work fine.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I use both together and they work fine.

hmm thanks... have you maked Special Setup for AI Controller or SBT?