Sign in to follow this  

[XP11] ILS information: where? (And ATC is pretty cool!)

I just did a short flight from ENBM to ENBR (after downloading the airports from .org: the rest is default. Those freeware airports are utterly awesome.). First of all I have to say default scenery in Norway is pretty nice! I don't miss FTX Norway at all, really! Anyway, I almost accidently stumbled across the ATC that XP has by default and I was quite amazed: it's cool! You can file a plan, if you don't have one, while you keep on flying: nice! ATIS is good too. The voices are perfect (though probably the same everywhere). The interface is simple but well thought about: it shows all frequencies you might need and you can select them and even autotune them. You can also reply using a big blue button. It's al easy and convenient. I received vectors from ATC and all went well until I made a mistake while checking out the map: I accidently moved my plane to the runway of ENBR with one click. BTW That is yet another great option: click on the inflight map, zoom into an airport, click on it and you can select where you want to be moved!

Buuuuuuuuuuut anyway, the reason I opened that map was because I wanted to find out what the ILS freq was for the runway I had to land on. I expected this info to be in the GPS unit but it only showed radio frequencies. I couldn't find the ILS freq on the map or anywhere else.

So, to make this short :P : where I can I find the ILS freq during a flight...?

I just did a short flight from ENBM to ENBR (after downloading the airports from .org: the rest is default. Those freeware airports are utterly awesome.). First of all I have to say default scenery in Norway is pretty nice! I don't miss FTX Norway at all, really! Anyway, I almost accidently stumbled across the ATC that XP has by default and I was quite amazed: it's cool! You can file a plan, if you don't have one, while you keep on flying: nice! ATIS is good too. The voices are perfect (though probably the same everywhere). The interface is simple but well thought about: it shows all frequencies you might need and you can select them and even autotune them. You can also reply using a big blue button. It's al easy and convenient. I received vectors from ATC and all went well until I made a mistake while checking out the map: I accidently moved my plane to the runway of ENBR with one click. BTW That is yet another great option: click on the inflight map, zoom into an airport, click on it and you can select where you want to be moved!

Buuuuuuuuuuut anyway, the reason I opened that map was because I wanted to find out what the ILS freq was for the runway I had to land on. I expected this info to be in the GPS unit but it only showed radio frequencies. I couldn't find the ILS freq on the map or anywhere else.

So, to make this short :P : where I can I find the ILS freq during a flight...?

That's why I like good old XP10, the maps were much better with more info but I guess this will be worked on during the beta stage.

You can get ILS frequencies here http://apxp.info/airports/view/EHAM or Online at Flightaware for example or SkyVector https://skyvector.com/airport/EHAM/Amsterdam-Schiphol-Airport

Or as above :)

Detail, instead of move when zoomed at the runway

you juste click on the runway

I think I did just that but apparently not. :wink: I will give it another try the next time!

XoCWuy.jpg

Ah, yes, cool, that'll do!

I like that map! It's nice how you can do a lot of things during the flight instead of having to go to the menu and exit the flight like in P3D.

Is there a way while flight planning to see which XP11 runways have ILS approaches?  I've been burned twice now picking approaches that have ILS in real life but not in XP11.  I know one can see on the map as described above, but only when close to the airport.

Is there a way while flight planning to see which XP11 runways have ILS approaches?  I've been burned twice now picking approaches that have ILS in real life but not in XP11.  I know one can see on the map as described above, but only when close to the airport.

Mark,

If you remember which airports have the ILS approaches in real life but not XP11 do let us know. If it can be verified its super simple to submit a NAVAIDS bug report to the Gateway.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Ok, will do.  The excellent Xorganizer plug in shows the runways at each airport but not the Navaids. It would be great if a plug in like this could read the navaids too.

Edit: this is useful.  Looks like one can view the NAV data by opening the nav.dat files. http://developer.x-plane.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/XP-NAV1100-Spec.pdf

An external flight planner like Plan-G (donationware) can show you which airports in the X-Plane database have ILS and their frequencies on a scroll-able map view. It can also be linked with XPUIPC to work as a moving map with your plane's current position, as well as the usual flight planner functions like exporting a .fms file to load into X-Plane's GPS or FMC. It's a great program.

Note: Plan-G currently can only load the XP10 database, not the newer XP11 one, but it works fine using that older database with XP11 for everything except very recently updated navaids in the real world. It will be updated soon for the XP11 database.

Edit to add: I should mention that I don't think Plan-G does SID/Star planning, but other than that it's a great planner for general aviation.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Open the map, bring up the low enroute layer, click on the ILS tail and it will show the frequency for that runway. You can tune it into Nav1 or 2.

• Upvote 1

Open the map, bring up the low enroute layer, click on the ILS tail and it will show the frequency for that runway. You can tune it into Nav1 or 2.

That map is pretty handy...in fact, it's probably the most robust in-sim, default map utility.  I find that i use it rather often now, in conjunction with the default gps.  I think I have learned more as well as enjoyed more of GA flying with XP than I ever have with P3D and FSX.

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I just wish one could scroll it. It's range is limited.

It could be due to the fact that it is tracking in real time and may cause a load on resources, but I would agree that the range could be better, though i had a thought about that on my last flight, in that the map will only show the current plate until you are about to cross over to another.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I don't know if this affects the map in terms of what it will show - but you can turn off tailwind ILS. This may be why some ILS' do not show. Just a thought.

Cheers

Peter