Sign in to follow this  
FlightSimmer Pete

NGX Tutorial Flight - Out of Memory

Twice in a row and at about the same point, I am getting an out of memory error not long after takeoff when flying Tutorial 1 for the NGX.

It has never occurred anywhere else yet, and in fact, after it happened last night I flew a manual flight for about 2 hours without an issue?

I'm in Prepar3d V3.4.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks

Pete

Intel i7-6700
Gigabyte Gaming Motherboard
2 x LPX DDR4 2133Mhz 8GB (total 16GB)
Armaggeddon HectotronTex Case
Cougar 800W Modular PSU
Kingston 240GB SSD
Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200rpm
Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB
DVD Burner
Win 10 64 Bit

Intel i7-6700
Gigabyte Gaming Motherboard
2 x LPX DDR4 2133Mhz 8GB (total 16GB)
Armaggeddon HectotronTex Case
Cougar 800W Modular PSU
Kingston 240GB SSD
Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200rpm
Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB
DVD Burner
Win 10 64 Bit

All well and good, but...

What scenery are you using...? That's the main issue here.

Kyle Rodgers

Guest JustanotherPilot

I can no longer use the NGX in Prepar3D v3.4 because of high VAS. I'm finding more favourable VAS using the AS A318-A321. I do miss the detail of the NGX though.

Default scenery with the exception of ORBX Europe LC

I tried another flight with textures at 1028 and Traffic all off and almost made turning final this time, then poof!

:(

Something on your system/configuration is causing OOM... I haven't got any issue with the NGX and P3D 3.4 (3.4.14.18870)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Something on your system/configuration

I would love to know what as this is a new computer and I have very careful about what I added and with the settings I use.

Not having any problems anywhere else?

Guest Mik75

I would love to know what as this is a new computer and I have very careful about what I added and with the settings I use.

Not having any problems anywhere else?

OOM doesn't get caused by computer hardware.

Something is "flooding" your VAS (4 GB in a 32bit application).

Are you using 4k textures and HD cloud textures or high level of AI traffic by any chance?

Also, one is tempted to raise sliders a bit too far with new and potent hardware. But P3D stays a 32bit application in its current version.

re you using 4k textures and HD cloud textures or high level of AI traffic by any chance?

As I mentioned above, I reduced my texture to 1028 and turned off traffic, much better but still have the problem.

But only when I use this tutorial  for NGX, again as I said above, no other flights have been a problem so far

When you load tutorial flight, what is your current VAS usage? Can you post screenshot of your in-game settings and scenery library?

thanks

I just made another successful flight from Athens to Rome which was about 1. hours, AS2016 on, traffic back on and it all went beautifully.

I don't know what it is about the tutorial flight ?

I will see things go for a while, away for Xmas for a few weeks so may have to revisit this toward the end of January 2017.

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help :)

cheers

Pete

I don't know what it is about the tutorial flight ?

You sure you're not using any add-on airports, or additional scenery? If you have your sliders set pretty high, it will consume more VAS. Keep in mind that LHR is in a pretty large city with a decent amount of custom buildings even at its defaults. You've also loaded in orbx products, which adds more onto the heap.

VAS is simply the total weight of whatever you've loaded. You could load a single texture in the sim and have it crash if it's large enough. Flying over Norway with autogen stacked up with a realistic level of trees with more detailed textures? That'll do it. Flying over LA with every building modeled? That'll do it. Even if you can crash the sim flying over LA, you can take those same exact settings and fly out of some airport in the Sahara and be just fine flying around for hours.

It's all about what gets loaded in for the specific route you're flying.

Kyle Rodgers

You sure you're not using any add-on airports, or additional scenery? If you have your sliders set pretty high, it will consume more VAS. Keep in mind that LHR is in a pretty large city with a decent amount of custom buildings even at its defaults. You've also loaded in orbx products, which adds more onto the heap.

VAS is simply the total weight of whatever you've loaded. You could load a single texture in the sim and have it crash if it's large enough. Flying over Norway with autogen stacked up with a realistic level of trees with more detailed textures? That'll do it. Flying over LA with every building modeled? That'll do it. Even if you can crash the sim flying over LA, you can take those same exact settings and fly out of some airport in the Sahara and be just fine flying around for hours.

It's all about what gets loaded in for the specific route you're flying.

Yes, I hear what you're saying and I agree with you, done some research now and understand the issue a little better, this is the first time I have ever experienced an Oom in all my years of simming.+

I will try some more flights in high-density areas and see how it goes.

Please note that P3D 3.4 has some VAS management issues comparing to previous versions. I can tell you that I get much worse VAS hit in this version, but apparently LM is already working on Hotfix 2 which should address VAS problems.

Are you using e.g. the NL-2000 scenery for EHAM? That one has extreme detailed textures and gives me OOMs with the NGX, guaranteed.

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Are you using e.g. the NL-2000 scenery for EHAM? That one has extreme detailed textures and gives me OOMs with the NGX, guaranteed.

No it's the default scenery both for departure and arrival.

Thanks for your help and to everyone as well

Please note that P3D 3.4 has some VAS management issues comparing to previous versions. I can tell you that I get much worse VAS hit in this version, but apparently LM is already working on Hotfix 2 which should address VAS problems.

OK, but I have not so far seen an Oom anywhere else as yet, fingers crossed.