Sign in to follow this  
becas22

Learjet Yaw Damper bug

Hey guys,

I am currently experiencing a very annoying issue regarding the yaw damper of the Lear.

As you can see in the video I made, I am flying within the envelope (Weight low enough to be at F430 and speed below MMO) but even with Yaw Damper ON the yaw oscillation is extremely high and unreallistic. Turning OFF the yaw damper does not help either, the only thing it does is giving me more rudder authority, which is how it works but does not solve the oscillation.

From my point of view, it seems that the Yaw damper is reacting slow, thus aggravating this yaw motion (something like a pilot induced oscillation), but I don't know how can I resolve it....

This happens during departure, cruise and arrival, with or without weather, realism setting are on MAX and Autorudder is disabled.... Turning ON Autorudder solves this but also not reallistic...

Please take a look and tell me what can it be, I really enjoy flying the Lear but this is annoying AF  :Sick:

Here is the video: https://youtu.be/b5BibZtxTtk

Your video shows oscillations in yaw and pitch. Pitch is so bad its giving you +- 700 fpm in places. I bet your passengers gave up on the cocktails!

Seriously though, I have never seen this in my Lear, on P3dv3,4 hf2. Only in turbulence with all my weather turned on.

I last saw this behaviour years ago in fs9 with the autopilot on a CS model. They corrected the autopilot in that case, it was an autopilot bug.

Plenty of Lear pilots on here, so they may know what's up!

Cheers

David,

The pitch oscillation was also happening to my mate in the flight we were doing but we were flying trough a zone of reported CAT. As for the yaw, have no idea!

I agree with David. This is not 'typical' behavior, at least for me in P3D V3.4. I can only assume there's a bad interaction with some add on causing this.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Try increasing Yaw_damper_gain, in the .cfg.

The "factory" setting is 1.0.

Happy New Year!

Please take a look and tell me what can it be, I really enjoy flying the Lear but this is annoying AF

New to the Learjet. only had it a short time so my comments are limited. Just done a test flight, FL300, did get some small yaw movement at over 300knts, reducing speed down to 200 it was steady, wind speed 35knts 70, heading was 360.

Best bet is to delete your Rudder assignment and re-calibrate.

I'm using Prepare3d ver 3.4.18. with Ch products rudder. when assigning within P3d I have to check its picked the slider axis not the Z axis.

hope this helps

bob

did get some small yaw movement at over 300knts, reducing speed down to 200 it was steady, wind speed 35knts 70, heading was 360.

Yes I saw same. But only slight yaw noticeable from the "ball" and not from the forward view. The OP showed a video with somewhat excessive yaw and pitch?

Placing a 1.5 value in my .cfg sorted out my minor yaw. I only see pitch oscillations when I haven't established a stable climb/descent and then attempt to engage the vs/speed AFCS modes!

I don't think its any inherent error in the sim, only an ex Lear pilot is really qualified to pass judgement on the flight model?

Cheers

David.

Hey guys, thanks for the answers! I solved the problem by unninstalling Accu-feel.

Hey guys, thanks for the answers! I solved the problem by unninstalling Accu-feel.

Interesting to see my suspicions somewhat confirmed... I sometimes experience extreme turbulence in the Lear, so bad that it can makes flying it very unpleasant. I haven't uninstalled Accufeel because I like what it does - but I do switch it off whenever I fly the Lear. I'm pretty sure I've had the issue in other aircraft too, Twin Otter X and MU-2.

I use Accu-feel with FSX and have not had significant yaw problems. I have turned down some of the Accu-feel default settings for the L35.

Al

You don't have to remove Accu-feel for everything, just switch it off for the Learjet... it is simply done on the interface.

A

You can probably even leave it on for the Lear, just turn off all the physics stuff.

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)