Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Turbulence Tuning

I moved the sliders to their default value and it behaved much better, however if I tweaked them a bit I would get the exaggerated behaviour.

Anyway other users don't appear to have this problem so it could be something I'm doing wrong.

Are you using FSUIPC to input your controls?

I'm doing some tests and I'm unable to reproduce the issue

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

OK,

I published a new update... a lot has changed in the way turbulences are managed.

They should feel more natural and have a better sensitivity for those anticipative sliders

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks for the continued work.

Using the Aerosoft Airbus, I'm still not totally happy with the effects on the ground.

The speed dependance of the ground turbulence effect now is much better than before. The default setting feels too faint for me on the Airbus, but setting it to 3-5 gives me a nice result for both slow taxi and the takeoff / landing roll now.

What I don't really like are the directions of the ground turbulence. For an airliner I think there should be primarily a movement on the Y-axis (while passing over dips and bumps) and less rolling.

Another problem I have is that the acceleration effect (set to default) is hardly noticeable when accelerating for takeoff or braking after landing. To have a decent acceleration effect while accelerating or braking on the ground the slider has to be increased significantly. The same goes for the acceleration effect on touchdown. But - as already pointed out in another thread - that leads to a highly exaggerated behaviour when flying through turbulent weather with AS2016 (when I said I get a nice touchdown effect in that other thread I hadn't been flying through turbulence yet...).

Looking forward to some more tuning options.

Regards,

Ralf

Thanks for the feedback Ralf,

We will tune it some more, I think the next update will get it right!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Some more feedback:

Another improvement of the ground turbulence effect. I like the accentuation of the up and down movement. But I would set a lower frequency of the movements.

And as far as I can see with the ground turbulence only the aircraft frame shakes, the horizon doesn't move. It would be nice if some gyroscopic pitch effect would be added to move the horizon up and down a little.

But after all: What looks appropriate for an airliner might look wrong on a small GA aircraft. So custom tuning options for the grund turbulence would be highly appreciated.

We will add tuning options soon. You will be able to control the frequency and amplitude per axis like the the other turbulence types

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thank you for the further improvements and tuning options!

I feel some of the turbulence effects, particularly the ground turbulence effect and the acceleration while in turbulent weather, are too "hard". I feel they should be more damped.

I know you announced some kind of inertia tuning for a later stage but maybe you can already do some adjustments before that.

Also, for the ground turbulence it would be nice if there would be some kind of oscillating effect after the initial "bounce". I hope you understand what I mean by that.

Regards

Ralf

Thank you for the further improvements and tuning options!

I feel some of the turbulence effects, particularly the ground turbulence effect and the acceleration while in turbulent weather, are too "hard". I feel they should be more damped.

I know you announced some kind of inertia tuning for a later stage but maybe you can already do some adjustments before that.

Also, for the ground turbulence it would be nice if there would be some kind of oscillating effect after the initial "bounce". I hope you understand what I mean by that.

Regards

Ralf

Ralf, Bounce oscillators are on the list of things to improve in the turbulence system.

Thank you for your feedback!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42