Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Has anyone successfully installed 747 (FSX) into windows 10 lol

know this hs been beat to death but sick of waiting for the new 747. I purchased legally the 747 and the 8i. I enter the info into the registration screen and the validation is ok and it installs. Using compatibility mode of vista and admin rights.  I have sdk2 installed...I have simconnect 905/242/259/472 installed. Not sure if I need 608? (don't have it saved and don't where to find it)   Anyway.. I setup the config for 8i (which it doesn't seem to save because I get that funky view (with the outside missing)..black gauges...funky flaps....If I have to register..I don't get the box to popup. In trusted.(fsx cfg) and in the dll.xml too....i got the options/sound/overhead etc....In  2d view..black gauges and non clickable buttons. I do have the animated thingy selected in display....

That's where I am at..

Any help appreciated

Spent all day yesterday installing fsx in windows 10...no I don't want to go back to 7...been there and done that and need to move on.  The new pmdg will properly come out, if and when, when I am broke lol.

Thanks,

Bob M.

Happy New Year to everyone :)

Bob M

I installed PMDG 747-400 on Windows 10 no problems. Windows UAC and Windows Defender need to be off before PMDG setup. I have installed in FS2004 and FSX without errors. After installation only Windows Defender to put it back On. So, run setup of PMDG as Administrator. FS2004 and FSX must be running as Administrator. I don't have anything running in compatibility mode.

Patricio Valdes

Didn't work for me (Win 10 64bit).  The 747's in sim menus were not present.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

I installed 747-400 into FSC steam  on Windows 10 64 bit last year. I can't remember any particular problem. I always turn off Antivirus , UAC and run as Administrator

I have now changed to P3D so have to wait for the new version if I decide to buy. I have installed the Ifly 747-400 and I am delighted with it, so may not bother with PMDG when it comes out.

I have not had any problem installing anything on Windows 10, in fact I really like it and prefer it to Windows 7.

Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 4.1GHz
RAM 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
Asus 32in monitor 2560*1440

Same problem. That's money just thrown away. A product that we can't even use and now we have to cough up another $100 to $ more.140 

I got it installed but no gauges or click spots don't work. I have 4 simconnects installed;  905; 242, 259, and 615. Reinstalled and in properties..did not use compatibility mode and just ticked run as administrator, when I installed base and the 8i. . In the wing view..the middle flap is "dangling" lol. Any other ideas. I have Windows 10 Creator installed.

Thanks, I bought the new 747 for p3dv3 but can't afford new one for FSX. Just like to get the old run running since other people seem to be having no problem.

Thank you!!

Bob M.

Bob M