Sign in to follow this  
PapaFlightSim12

Sim Looks Really Blue?

Hey, bunch of friends recommended me the RealismShaderPack and I decided to give it a try but my sim looks really blue on the cockpit.

Picture 1 (Before RealismShaderPack):

bc85ab1448fb46bea9f51a28a3071fe9.png

Picture 2 (After RealismShaderPack):

a12bcd53199c4b1bbb9248c51e31b48e.png

This are two different airports but what we are looking at is the cockpit.

Cant say its looking very blue, in my opinion. The second picture looks more realistic!

• Upvote 2

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Cant say its looking very blue, in my opinion. The second picture looks more realistic!

I personally don't like how it looks, sorry for being so picky but it just bothers me, I like the effect, don't get my wrong, I just think its a little bit overdone,  I would like to tone it down just a little bit.   :smile: 

I personally don't like how it looks, sorry for being so picky but it just bothers me, I like the effect, don't get my wrong, I just think its a little bit overdone,  I would like to tone it down just a little bit.   :smile:

Well, I guess you are in the possession of PTA, so you could simply tune the effect by yourself.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Well, I guess you are in the possession of PTA, so you could simply tune the effect by yourself.

How is the effect name called? I've been looking for it since yesterday.

I'm sharing the same feedback after trying Ultimate Realism Pack 1.0.1.

Horizon is so far too much bue-hish for my setup. I'm not using Reshade. Did once month ago, wasn't convince and as the Ultimate Realism Pack is propose with and with Reshade I'm considering the blue-hish issue would happened the same with reshade. 

I was soo much eager to discover th URL for PTA 2.0 and frankly speaking I'm sorry, but I'm a little bit disapointed.

Easy to say, hard to find the exact parameter to set without making mistakes. I'm personnaly not skill enough and I test to untick, back to default some value... without success

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

On my screen, it doesn't look very blue. Maybe consider tuning your monitor settings (saturation etc).

Also, there should be an effect called "rayleigh scattering" in PTA. If you increase this parameter, the sims tends to get more "blueish", especially in the horizon.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I'm sharing the same feedback after trying Ultimate Realism Pack 1.0.1.

Horizon is so far too much bue-hish for my setup. I'm not using Reshade. Did once month ago, wasn't convince and as the Ultimate Realism Pack is propose with and with Reshade I'm considering the blue-hish issue would happened the same with reshade. 

I was soo much eager to discover th URL for PTA 2.0 and frankly speaking I'm sorry, but I'm a little bit disapointed.

Easy to say, hard to find the exact parameter to set without making mistakes. I'm personnaly not skill enough and I test to untick, back to default some value... without success

No need for dissapointment.  :smile: Just check the Troubleshooting section on URP website, all explained there how to tweak the blue in PTA or ReShade. A minute of work.

In your case rayleigh scattering must be reduced in PTA Tool.

It's normal that some love the preset and others simply don't. That is why I introduced Troubleshooting section which allows you to possibly fix some problems and tweak the visuals per your liking in few short steps. All can be tweaked per your liking, it's just the matter do you want to or not.  :wink:

Also don't forget that ambient color HIGHLY depends on sky textures! Using REX, EnvTex or any other skies will result in different ambient/haze/clouds colors.

I'm not saying it will be worse, just different from the example screens that oyu can see on URP website.

http://ultimaterealismpack.weebly.com/troubleshooting.html

cheerses

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

FWIW I ran into this exact problem with the Thopat settings.  It turned out that my monitor got put into "game" color mode and was making things astonishingly blue, and the preset brought it out.  I changed it back to sRGB and it looks amazingly better now, in all cases.

Check your monitor's color settings.

-stefan

Edit: Try opening the screenshots on your phone or another computer and see if htey still look as blue.  I noticed when I opened my screenshots on a laptop and was wondering why I thought it was blue in the first place.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.