Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

X-Plane 11 Beta 5 is out

Anyway, back to waiting on Beta 6 as XP11 is basically unusable right now if you fly prop planes.

That's odd, I'm flying the Simcoders REP Baron 58 by Carenado (in X-Plane 11) and have no problems that would render it unusable. The easiest aircraft to trim and fly since I started using X-Plane, 5 years ago. The only real problem are the frame rates but Austin seems to have found one of the bugs causing it.

That's odd, I'm flying the Simcoders REP Baron 58 by Carenado (in X-Plane 11) and have no problems that would render it unusable. The easiest aircraft to trim and fly since I started using X-Plane, 5 years ago. The only real problem are the frame rates but Austin seems to have found one of the bugs causing it.

I can't fly prop planes that are 40% overpowered and idle at 1200 RPM. Takeoffs and landings are all wacky as a result. Simcoders planes may not be as affected because of how they personalize the power settings in their simulation. Although, I flew the Simcoders V-35 two days ago and it was going nuts on takeoff because it was so overpowered.

It's a known bug introduced in Beta 5.

Maybe not ATC or weather (although xEnviro has maybe killed that myth), but we know the system for more varied autogen and more varied regional textures is already there. It just needs assets created and populated. We know seasonal textures can already be accomplished as well, even if it's not with shaders and dynamic.

Just to address that one point about XEnviro, I wouldn't say it has come anywhere close to disproving the idea that we need fundamental changes in the weather engine by Laminar, and not a 3rd party.

Until someone manages to create a cumulonimbus in the sim with vertical convection and a realistic appearance, I won't believe it. Much of what XEnviro (and SkyMaxx) do is smoke and mirrors, to mask the lack of actual dynamic weather modeling.

I can't fly prop planes that are 40% overpowered and idle at 1200 RPM. Takeoffs and landings are all wacky as a result. 

Helicopters are borked too, because rotors are just propellers as far as the sim is concerned. They're way too overpowered and twitchy with this bug.

I was hoping we'd get Beta 6 before this weekend. Still hoping...

• Upvote 3

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

smoke and mirrors

All of simulation is this - I think, but I know where you are going!   :dance:

John

• Upvote 2

John Wingold