Sign in to follow this  
Aidas

How do I make good quality scenery?

So I am new on this site and I wanted to ask a question: How do I make a good scenery like flytampa or uk2000 I want to make KRNT scenery with real life textures with traffic and taxiways working. So if somebody cares I can model using 2 softwares BLENDER and CINEMA 4D! hope you Will reply shortly!

"How do I make a good scenery"

Years or knowledge, trial & error, sweat and tears!

Not knowing your current level of development expertise, I would suggest hopping over to the FSDevelopr website and start reading.  There is no single "cookbook" on how to model but lot's and lot's of "recipes" there to get the basics and develop your own method of madness.

Always good to hear new simmers tackling the development side of the hobby.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

As Clutch says, a visit to fsdeveloper.com is a must. A few additional tips below.

Look on YouTube, there are scenery design tutorials for both Blender and Cinema4D available.

If you haven't already done so, install the SDK and look at the documentation, especially the sections under Environment Kit

There are some tutorials here at AVSIM, for example those by Luis Feliz-Tirado (http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Luis+Feliz-Tirado&CatID=fsxsd&Go=Search), and many others that may be found with a Google search.

Barry Friedman

Nothing beats experience, so get your tools and start working on it!  As for the big payware scenery, they are not always the works of just one individual, but sometimes several people, each with special skills.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.