Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

SLI Issues - LM have responded. Help needed.

It is far and away much more serious than that and has destroyed P3D in SLI format. As such it should at least receive positive acknowledgment and probable problem accreditation from those who may be in a position to influence those that can render the highest problem solving priority.

Attaboy, Stephen! Hopefully these issues have come about as a result of a simple oversight and were missed because nobody thought to test in SLI...tut,tut. If this is the case, then there must be a few red faces over at LM. Doubtless some other explanation will be offered to us as I'll be very surprised if we receive an admission of culpability. If only all Developers could realise that a quick acceptance of responsibility along with an expressed determination to put things right ASAP would earn undying respect from their customers. Instead, we are faced with prevarication, denial or even silence which only serves to fuel feelings of frustration. However, on this occasion, let's give them, and I include NVIDIA in this, the benefit of the doubt and hope that they will quickly do the right thing as the festive season recedes into the mists of memory.

However, no harm in keeping them keen by keeping up the pressure!

Kind regards,

Mike

I agree that a b it of pressure couild be helpful but let's all remember that this is still the holiday season. People schedule vacations etc around this time so a "quick* fix I would not expect. Adam has acknowledged our concerns and said they are looking into it. Considering their track record, if they are looking into it, they will probably get it fixed.

I just want to reiterate what STephen said about the issue as I can see from some of the posts that some people do not understand the issue(s).

There are TWO SLI problems.

1) PRIOR to HF2, any of the newer Nvidia drivers caused a flashing of smoke and steam and some lights. This could ONLY be resolved by a) switching to an older driver or

b) turning off SLI

This problem lies squarely in thge lap of Nvidia.

The SECOND and separate issue deals with after HF2 is installed

Not only does the flashing in #1 occur but the red text messages also flash and P3D stutters in time with the flashing.

The  solutions are:

a) Turn off SLI or

b) rollback to HF1

The option of switching to an older driver is no longer valid - ALL nvidia drivers fail with HF2/SLI.

This issue is squarely in the lap of LM - worked with HF1 - broken with HF2.

I am confident that LM will resolve this issue and hopefully Nvidia will resolve the driver issue.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I agree that a b it of pressure couild be helpful but let's all remember that this is still the holiday season. People schedule vacations etc around this time so a "quick* fix I would not expect. Adam has acknowledged our concerns and said they are looking into it. Considering their track record, if they are looking into it, they will probably get it fixed.

I just want to reiterate what STephen said about the issue as I can see from some of the posts that some people do not understand the issue(s).

There are TWO SLI problems.

1) PRIOR to HF2, any of the newer Nvidia drivers caused a flashing of smoke and steam and some lights. This could ONLY be resolved by a) switching to an older driver or

B) turning off SLI

This problem lies squarely in thge lap of Nvidia.

The SECOND and separate issue deals with after HF2 is installed

Not only does the flashing in #1 occur but the red text messages also flash and P3D stutters in time with the flashing.

The  solutions are:

a) Turn off SLI or

B) rollback to HF1

The option of switching to an older driver is no longer valid - ALL nvidia drivers fail with HF2/SLI.

This issue is squarely in the lap of LM - worked with HF1 - broken with HF2.

I am confident that LM will resolve this issue and hopefully Nvidia will resolve the driver issue.

Vic

Good summation to date Vic!

Now that most of us are back to work I trust that a fix will be forthcoming that leaves P3D v3.XX in a final working state using SLI. Otherwise it will likely remain forever broken in time.

I assume the clock is turned back on and running again.

Kindest regards, and thank you for your support,

Good news : 

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=122981&start=45

LM's Team  is still looking at that =)

• Upvote 1

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Thank you Jean Marc,

It is always good to thank the bearer of good news!

It is encouraging that LM and Nvidia recognize the SLI problem and are working to rectify it.

Heres is to better days on final approach! :hi:

Kind regards,

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Beau Hollis, Prepar3D Rendering System Lead, has kindly responded earlier today with the following:

"As Adam posted an update on another thread, we are working with NVidia to address potential issues in both the driver and client application. Can someone please confirm the last Nvidia driver that did not have flickering effects in SLI?"

I am on 376.33 and I know Rob has stated that SLI was working fine in 373.06. However, I am not 100% clear whether his statement implies the absence of the flickering problem. I can confirm that SLI works great with 376.33, but I do see the flickering effects which, I know, were present in the previous driver set.

So, now we have an opportunity to help LM and NVIDIA troubleshoot this issue. It would be very helpful if you can respond to Beau's request for confirmation of the last driver set that did not exhibit the flickering effects.

Here is the link to the thread over at the Prepar3D forums: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=122959&p=150526#p150526

If you are not a registered member, and can't post directly, then please post any information you feel might be useful here and I will pass it on.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

I am on 376.33 and I know Rob has stated that SLI was working fine in 373.06. However, I am not 100% clear whether his statement implies the absence of the flickering problem. I can confirm that SLI works great with 376.33, but I do see the flickering effects which, I know, were present in the previous driver set.

If you see the flickering, 376.33 is NOT working, great or otherwise, Mike.  :)

The last stable, non flickering version that I am aware of is  373.06. Anything after that flickers in  v3.4.14. And EVERY driver flickers in 3.4.18.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Vic,

No argument there 😉

Thanks!

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

Bump to keep this visible for a few days.

Mike

• Upvote 1

HI guys !

Exactly the same than Vic !

Flickering with light and smoke after 373.06 with is the latest stable for me and  all the  drivers with HF2 (19475).

I tried unsuccessfully to change parameters in NVI like AFR2, NIVIDIA SLI Mode,  only "Antialiasing A SLI AA" or only "SLI rendering mode" etc 

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

Thanks Jean. Certainly looks like 373.06 was the last stable driver.

Regards,

Mike

Anyone else care to comment?

Also, for those who have tested, can you confirm that SLI is still broken with Hotfix 2 using these drivers?

• Upvote 1

376.33 is broken for sure in SLI with flickering lights and other effects.

373.06 is a good SLI driver (3.4.9.18400 no hotfixes)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=122959

Thanks to LM !

They tracked down the cause of the UI flicker and performance drop in HF2 and are working on a fix.

That is fantastic news! Now, at last, we can all relax and begin the business of looking forward to receiving the next update.

It's good to know that sometimes polite persistence can, in fact, reap rewards. I feel my belief in human nature along with the willingness to engage in co-operative and constructive activity has, in large measure, been restored!

A huge thank you to everyone who took the time to post with their helpful contributions.

Best regards,

Mike 👏

• Upvote 1