Sign in to follow this  

PMDG NGX Youtube Tutorials

Good evening guys,

As some of you know I fly for quite a large European 737 Operator. After much planning (and persuasion from my partner who makes load of makeup videos online and helped me set everything up!) I've created a channel "flightdeck2sim" on YouTube using PMDG NGX to replicate some real world procedures. I plan to replicate procedures based on how I fly the 737 and also non-normal scenarios I instruct in the Level D Sim at work.

I'm extremely busy both at both home and work but I'm planning on making several videos for this channel, if anyone is interested you can find my channel here.

www.flightdeck2sim.com

I'm just returning to the community something I wish I had when I was growing up with flight simulator. It already includes a real world video and one tutorial on how to fly and brief an ILS Approach and it's something I want to share with you.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, I had to practice using FSX again after not using it for about 5 years so you can judge my awful landing!

Kind Regards and Fly Safe! 

Nice, thanks :-)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Super stuff, that!

I particularly like how you guys completely configure for landing, close-in. Thank you and look forward to seeing more!

Brian Nellis

I just read the latest FCI amendments and seen this operator changed the operation of exterior lights again.

I believe the feedback from the line has highlighted the potential to enhance aircraft visibility by revised use of lights when operating below FL100.

Vernon Howells

Super stuff, that!

I particularly like how you guys completely configure for landing, close-in. Thank you and look forward to seeing more!

Most people seem surprised it’s normal procedure for us! So long as you are around the F5/F10 speed when you configure for landing, 4nm in VMC and 5nm in IMC, it's completely safe. Configuration point can be altered dependent on the approach, usually at very busy airports you need to comply with speed restrictions to maintain separation so we configure a lot sooner.

I just read the latest FCI amendments and seen this operator changed the operation of exterior lights again.

I believe the feedback from the line has highlighted the potential to enhance aircraft visibility by revised use of lights when operating below FL100.

I don't know who your mole is but it's certainly not me! You're right, changes were made to incorporate the newer 737's which no longer have retracts and an independent taxi light on the nose wheel. As much as I'd love to I'm not in a position to share company material, basically turn all the lights on below 10,000ft on the new 737 except the taxi light and when you've been cleared to land turn all the lights on! 

Thank you all very much for taking the time to view my channel, expect some new material in the near future!

I don't know who your mole is but it's certainly not me! You're right, changes were made to incorporate the newer 737's which no longer have retracts and an independent taxi light on the nose wheel. As much as I'd love to I'm not in a position to share company material, basically turn all the lights on below 10,000ft on the new 737 except the taxi light and when you've been cleared to land turn all the lights on! 

Thank you all very much for taking the time to view my channel, expect some new material in the near future!

Looking forward to it.

About time a real pilot on this site is sharing his real experience over youtube videos :)

Vernon Howells

Subscribed, thanks!

Would be great to learn about the 737 from a RL pilot of the jet!

Douglas Ulyate

I just subscribed. Looks pretty cool. Best of luck with the channel.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Yes it looks like a very safe manoeuvre when performed properly.

Thanks for the videos!

Brian Nellis

Hi there.  Great stuff!!

Would love to see a visual circuit with continuous descent and your procedures during visual approaches!

Thanks for the hard work,

Cheers,

Rudy