Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Captain Sim 24 hour sale

C'mon Aushie -- auto throttle is for sissies! LOL Seriously, one of the appeals of the 727 to me is that it really is the quintessential 60's jet - a generation ahead of the propliners it was replacing but still demanding stick and rudder skills and "eye-ball" situational awareness. I flew the 737-200 which had pretty similar avionics but the 727 had a mystique about it that the baby Boeing never quite managed to have. 727 pilots loved it - so I'm glad you're getting a chance to try it for yourself.

And given that this is the FS9 forum, let me say that one of the reasons I could never give up FS9 is the Dreamfleet 727, which I think is the ultimate FS9 airliner of all time... 

Cheers mate

Ian

For anyone who is late to the party and having a newly-found love affair with the Captain Sim 727, fist up, congratualtions, but more importantly, get hold of this book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Boeing-Flight-Master-John-Moktadier/dp/1418422320

Trust me, if you like the Trisaurus, you'll love that book (and it will teach you how to fly it right too). For anyone who as missed out, don't stop there, the 707 and C-130 are all fabulous add-ons as well, and highly recommended. I just checked a minute ago, they are still showing as on sale for a tenner. Don't miss out on these classics, and yup, I agree, auto-throttle is for pussies, lol.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I managed to pick up their 777 base pack the other day as I want to occasionally fly the -200ER type with three engine variants that's been missing from the rest of my fleet (I already own the PMDG 777 types).

Have to say I've enjoyed it so far after a couple of short flights. Not as detailed and in-depth as the PMDG but definitely flyable with no major issues so far. $10 USD well spent.

I respectfuly disagree. I've been using CS products for over ten years Started with their Mig 21 on FS2002 and I still use their F104G and C130 in FS9 on a regular basis - worked fine on Windows 7 and they continue to work fine on Windows 10. And yes, I've heard the horror stories about customer service, but my experience has been the complete opposite. I have always found them helpful and courteous. Remember that they are a company that is from a different culture to our usual European and American developers and in the early years, their English speaking skills were not as developed as they are now. I think that led to some miscommunication issues.

There are always two different sides to every argument and I don't expect to change your mind, but I do want you and other readers to know that in over a decade of purchasing CS products, I have not had a single negative experience. I use their C130, F104, 707 and 757 in FS9 running on Windows 10 (previously on 7) with NO issues at all, and use their 737 in FSX-SE where it works superbly. It is now being joined by the 727, 777, C130 and 707 and I got all of those for less money than it would cost me to take my kids out to lunch at McDonalds..... And I have found that Tanya, who is their director of customer support is delightful - courteous, prompt and fair...

I'm not going to reply to any comments - this is an issue that's been beaten to death over the years and there's no point in continuing it. But I felt it would be a shame for simmers to miss out on an incredible deal because of the negative experiences of some people... I don't deny the validity of what you say - if that's what you've experienced then you have every right to say so. But it is NOT what I and many others have experienced. If it was, Captain Sim would have gone out of business long ago....

There's only a few hours of the sale left to go - for $10, you still have a chance to get an incredible deal and join the majority of customers of Captain Sim who have high regard for their products and their service

I agree! Never had any bad experience myself, and I also started out with the MiG21 in FS2002. It might even have been my very first payware addon :)

For anyone who is late to the party and having a newly-found love affair with the Captain Sim 727, fist up, congratualtions, but more importantly, get hold of this book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Boeing-Flight-Master-John-Moktadier/dp/1418422320

Trust me, if you like the Trisaurus, you'll love that book (and it will teach you how to fly it right too). For anyone who as missed out, don't stop there, the 707 and C-130 are all fabulous add-ons as well, and highly recommended. I just checked a minute ago, they are still showing as on sale for a tenner. Don't miss out on these classics, and yup, I agree, auto-throttle is for pussies, lol.

Yes I picked up the 727 I love be it and I bought the expansions last night as well. That book do look good thanks for sharing

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

one of the reasons I could never give up FS9 is the Dreamfleet 727, which I think is the ultimate FS9 airliner of all time... 

My sentiments too. I keep going back to it.  Have you added the CIVA dual INS navigation to it ?

Peter Schluter

Don't let your airspeed drop below 200 kts and keep power up until you're on the ground and you should survive most of your landings! LOL ....   The real thing killed a lot of pilots

I sure learned that the hard way!  The CS F-104 also nicely demonstrated to me why the type was nicked-named Zipper in RCAF service.

Your comment on the fatality rate during the early operational years is well taken.  My mother's cousin went through on one the first few RCAF courses on the CF-104 but sadly was killed in Germany in 1963 flying 12794.

Thanks again for the heads up on the sale.

And given that this is the FS9 forum, let me say that one of the reasons I could never give up FS9 is the Dreamfleet 727, which I think is the ultimate FS9 airliner of all time...

+1, couldn't agree more! I was very late to this party, having bought that only 6 weeks ago as the boxed Aerosoft version for the ridiculous price of 6,25 Euros.

the MiG21 worked excellently in FS2004.

Can anyone say how the CS MIG-21 stacks up against the much more recent AFS-Design MIG-21 V.2?  I realize the sale is over but my purchase of the CS F-104 whet my appetite for the MIG-21.

Hi Folks,

Hah - I was half tempted to try the CS 727 and/or CS 737 for P3D but after flying both Paul's (Dreamfleet) 727 or Bob's (Tinmouse) 737 in FS9 I was afraid I'd be terribly disappointed so I let the sale slip by...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Can anyone say how the CS MIG-21 stacks up against the much more recent AFS-Design MIG-21 V.2? I realize the sale is over but my purchase of the CS F-104 whet my appetite for the MIG-21.

I can't answer your question fully as I haven't tried the AFS product and it's been years since I flew the CS Mig-21. All I can say is that judging by the screen shots, the CS product is the better one, even though it's a very old product that was first introduced for FS2002. I don't know what the price comparison is, but if it's not much different, my guess is that the CS product is the better deal. It was very possibly the first flight sim aircraft I ever experienced where I felt I had crossed the border between a very clever "game" and a true simulation and showed that a VC could be of the same quality as a 2D panel. At the time the Lago (later Aerosoft) F16 was the latest and greatest and I had just given it a Gold Star review here on AVSIM. The CS guys sent me a copy of the Mig-21 and I realized that they had raised the bar way above the Lago product and wished I had seen it before I wrote the review...

Get some other feedback before you make your choice as I'm not confident that I'm the right person to answer the question, but if it comes down to a "guess" between a product I know and one I've just seen screen shots for, my vote would be for CS. But you probably want to check on OS compatibility too - given the age of the CS Mig it might not work on Win 10... (Having said that, I have two MAAM products that I have ported over from FS2002 disks that work okay in Win 10/FS9 -- so it can be done)...

ps. If you do buy a Mig21 and are interested in flying it from a period airfield with appropriate AI, let me know. There are some really nice freeware ex-Warsaw Pact military airfields that with a little work can be reconverted back to their active Cold War days. And Michael Pearson (and others) has given us a huge treasure-trove of classic Cold War aircraft so you can create a very immersive environment to fly a Mig if you are so interested. I'd be glad to share some files or info if you're interested

Cheers

Ian

Bob's (Tinmouse) 737 in FS9

Scott my friend - I love the CS 737 for FSX-SE and doubt you will regret getting it. Having flown the real thing back in the days when we had to share the airspace with Pterodactyls and Sopwith Camels, I can definitely vouch for it...

:dance:

Have you added the CIVA dual INS navigation to it ?

I've heard this works really well but as I only use it for fairly short-haul cargo flights, I'm not sure that I would use it enough to become really competent on it. At my age, trying to remember how to open all my various medication bottles pretty much mentally exhausts me for the day.... :wink:

Yes the INS works very well with the 727 (and the TM732; RFP 747-200; and the DM VC-10 as updated by Vololiberista). But as you say if you dont need it saves some extra minutes on the ground to set it up.

Hi Folks,

Hah - I was half tempted to try the CS 727 and/or CS 737 for P3D but after flying both Paul's (Dreamfleet) 727 or Bob's (Tinmouse) 737 in FS9 I was afraid I'd be terribly disappointed so I let the sale slip by...

Regards,
Scott

Sort of my sentiments too. I fly both the latter aircraft you mention and they are superb. Plus I am using RFP 747-200 (possibly the best handling a/c in the sim world) and the DM/Vololiberista VC-10. Do I really need to get to learn a CS 707 too? So I passed.

Peter Schluter

. Having flown the real thing back in the days when we had to share the airspace with Pterodactyls and Sopwith Camels, I can definitely vouch for it...

:dance:

haha, thats a great way of saying it Captain!

Hi Folks,

Thanks guys - guess I should throw these on the list for next year... I do miss the classics in P3D...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7