Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What was your best purchase 2016?

IXEG 737

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

The A2A C172, C182, Cherokee 180 and Comanche 250. Brilliant.

DJ

AS16

A2A Comanche

Pilot Edge

ORBX socal

F1 GTN750

Things simply don't get any better with this combo.  This is about as realistic as a sim can get if you are running a yolk and pedals.  The GTN is nice but I'll turn it off and run departure and approach procedures off VOR with live ATC.  That'll make sure you are up to speed in a hurry.

Couldn't have pulled off what I did in 2016 without AVSIM though.  It wasn't a purchase, but AVSIM and it's helpful members were as valuable as any purchase over the last year.

• Upvote 1

FSL A320 and AS16+ASCA

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

IXEG + xEnviro

Airline2Sim 777 Cadet Program

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I spent the most I've ever spent on simming in 2016...so many great purchases!  My new computer system would have to be at the top of the list. Then it would probably be:

AS16/ASCA

ORBX OpenLC NA

PTA

FlyTampa KMDW (I know it's not new..not sure what took me so long to purchase!)

Looking forward to 2017...especially the FSL A320 for P3D!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

PAC SIM: Chubu Centrair Int. (RJGG), Taiwan (RCPT), and Manila (RPLL).

Digital Design: LOWS Salzburg

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

New PC...after 8 years...'nuff said.

Apart from that I bought very little in 2016...the best aircraft purchase would  have to be the Captain Sim 737 in the 2016 January sale (€9.99).

The best scenery purchase was 4 Orbx UK airports on DVD @ AU$2.50 each. A glitch in the vendor's  system meant I wasn't charged postage. When I contacted the vendor to pay them the difference they said they were OK with it (postage cost to them was AU$20!).

I've just splashed out on two aircraft that were on my wishlist for when I had the hardware, but apart from those I intend to do a lot more flying than buying in 2017...

Couldn't have pulled off what I did in 2016 without AVSIM though. It wasn't a purchase, but AVSIM and it's helpful members were as valuable as any purchase over the last year.

+1

Forgot to mention SimStarter NG and Majestic Dash Q8-400 Pilot.

Best regards

Rupert

I didn't get the iFly 747 because I heard it was tough on frames.  Is it?

Gregg,

No, I do not have any issues with frames.  That may have been the case when it was first released, but I think the subsequent patches improved the performance.   Regardless, Flight 1 has a 30 day refund policy if you find the product heavy on frames.  You can't lose.  :smile:

Cheers!

Greg

I'll echo Eric's post above:

AS16/ASCA - best weather and clouds by far in any sim.

ORBX OpenLC NA -but  only if one enjoys seeing land class that actually resembles what's on the ground.

PTA - what DX10 Scenery Fixer was to FSX, PTA is that to P3d and more.  (it is donationware BTW everybody, so it is a purchase)