Sign in to follow this  
dutton98

Pitch black night

I think it's a trade-off between brightness at day and darkness at night. Would love to hear if someone has succeeded in creating a preset that gives you realistic days and nights.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Hi Folks,

Recently landed using AS16/ASCA/ENVTEX/PTA with the ENVTEX (Maxime) PTA preset - Nantucket under a 3000 ft ceiling at night - other than the lights it was pitch black - couldn't differentiate between land and water... During the day the same preset looks great...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Harry,

The PTA preset I use is off the ENVTEX developers website... In addition to their products

they have a downloads section that contains 2 presets...

http://togapjcts.wixsite.com/toga/envtex

The other thing you can do with P3D - is you can save your settings and make one more for daylight and the other for night - turn down some of the brightness... I don't use this method but I've played around with it... Then for your flight - just open the appropriate settings file...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.