Sign in to follow this  

Cockpit sounds

Hi,

I'd like to enhance my immersion in the cockpit of this fine beast with some taxiway and runway bumps and jolts.

Now, I've had what I reckon is a damn good look around here and elsewhere - so I know about the good Steve - who did fantastic work back in 2011-2014. RIP.

And there are various library files, etc.

But what I'd love is some feedback from some flyers of this magnificent bird here. I don't know whether things are airframe specific - some sound sets seem to be, others are generic to the types 600 - 900.

I just want to feel it when I hit the centreline perfectly and feel the bump of the taxiway lights through the airframe.

Thanks,

Jim Burley

Product owned: PMDG 737 NGX Base Pack with SP1

p.s: Kyle - I HAVE read the manual and adjusted my FSX sounds to the levels noted in the SETUP Instructions ;-)

You can look at stuff like Chaseplane or EZDok, Chaseplane gives out pretty amazing runway and bumping effects, as well as turbulence. FSFX also has immersion packages for specific lets but be aware you will been a powerful PC to handle those.

Scroll through forum titles and look up FSFX and their products.

You can look at stuff like Chaseplane or EZDok, Chaseplane gives out pretty amazing runway and bumping effects, as well as turbulence. FSFX also has immersion packages for specific lets but be aware you will been a powerful PC to handle those.

Scroll through forum titles and look up FSFX and their products.

Thank you, but I would like to see what's available in terms of freeware/ projects that people have done for the love of it.

If I exhaust the possibilities of that I'll look again at the commercial products available.

taxiway and runway bumps

EZDok doesn't simulate runway bumps, it will simulate momentum though - if you brake your pov tilts down, if you turn left your pov sways right.

I wondered about that bump noise when they drive over taxi centerline lights - 

10:00 - 10:10

I would think a way to sim it would have been easy - it can already track the centerline (ILS is already simulated) and speed is simulated.. when the plane is precisely on centerline loop a thud sound that is tied into the speed of the plane to thud at a faster rate as you pick up speed. 

I wonder if it was omitted? Perhaps in the real world it doesn't happen too often or something.

Also the little whiney squeak that sounds like it came right out of the National Lampoon family truckster seems to be pretty common (in youtubes anyway) - maybe omitted because its annoying?

Another sound I've been hearing, right after takeoff that rattle... is that the front wheels out of balance? Perhaps a loose bearing? I recall hearing that lots too in these youtubes - and PMDG did model the sound of the front wheels hitting the skid plate when the gear is pulled up (well done)

EZDok doesn't simulate runway bumps, it will simulate momentum though - if you brake your pov tilts down, if you turn left your pov sways right.

I wondered about that bump noise when they drive over taxi centerline lights - 

10:00 - 10:10

I would think a way to sim it would have been easy - it can already track the centerline (ILS is already simulated) and speed is simulated.. when the plane is precisely on centerline loop a thud sound that is tied into the speed of the plane to thud at a faster rate as you pick up speed. 

I wonder if it was omitted? Perhaps in the real world it doesn't happen too often or something.

Also the little whiney squeak that sounds like it came right out of the National Lampoon family truckster seems to be pretty common (in youtubes anyway) - maybe omitted because its annoying?

Another sound I've been hearing, right after takeoff that rattle... is that the front wheels out of balance? Perhaps a loose bearing? I recall hearing that lots too in these youtubes - and PMDG did model the sound of the front wheels hitting the skid plate when the gear is pulled up (well done)

Chaseplane does simulate bumps

Sorry, guys, can we get away from payware for a moment.

I'm looking to try and get the best bits of what some very dedicated and talented Avsim guys were doing with the standard sound files on the PMDG 737 NGX a couple of years ago. I didn't ask for a debate about ezdok and Chaseplane - neither of which I use - and at present have no need for.

Thanks.

Jim Burley

Oh well, too late tonight as we've all buggered off to the bar - in Warsaw - early start to EGLL in the morning.

Let us know if you have any thoughts and we'll pick them up in the cockpit in the morning.

Twoje zdrowie!

Sorry - just an old cargo dog...

2017_1_18_19_51_48_646.jpg

2017_1_18_22_35_48_350.jpg

I want to share mi experience with NGX sound.

A few years ago i get two buttkicker simulation kit for my 737 simpit. Then i start to work for get a real cockpit feeling (i never flew in a 737ng cockpit, but many time as a passenger) or what i think is a real feeling . I download every free sound pack i find it, and also i buy all payware sound addons for the ngx that i find.

A spend a lot of hours find the best sounds from all that files and try to understand how the sound engine work in the ngx. I edit some of that files for add low frequency that can be pick up by the buttkicker, and provide a nice feeling, for example when retract the landing year. I also play a lot with sound levels. And finally after a lot of hours of test and editing sound files i got it.

What i can tell you is you will not find a free or payware sound pack that will make you happy. You will need to spend a hours of test for get the result that you want.

I hope that info can help you in some way

A2A AccuFeel would simulate bumps, and side forces and other goodies. It's a global addon that will do it for all aircraft. But it's a commerical product.

Andre

The bumbs of the runway center line are simulated with AES from Aerosoft. (Only FSX)

Install it is FREE.