Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerosoft Ready For Take-Off

So I don't seem to be able to find this mentioned at Avsim, and I'm just wondering have I missed it. What do you all think of the idea of this?

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/119219-ready-for-take-off-stand-alone-game/

Product description:

Without doubt flying virtual aircraft from your PC is one of the most interesting simulations – at the same time, it is one with a very steep learning curve. Ready for Take off, though, makes it especially easy to relive the last holiday trip from the cockpit’s view, even for less experienced PC pilots.

Unlike more complex flight simulations, Ready for Take off  was designed from the ground up to enable beginners to successfully complete a flight with less effort and learning. Advanced flight simulation enthusiasts in turn have a straightforward all-in-one solution at hand, including lots of airports right from the start.

The player can take place behind the control stick of one of the most well known airliners: the Airbus A320. Its cockpit places all the important functions and systems at the player’s disposal – voice recordings from real air traffic help create the appropriate atmosphere. Additionally, the simulation includes a Beechcraft Baron for short range and training flights.

Ready for Take off comes with 9 travel destinations out of the box, including the airports of Düsseldorf, Palma de Mallorca, London Heathrow, and Nice. Their 3D models are of high quality and rich in details. They also feature movable objects – luggage carts, busses, pushback trucks, jetways, etc. create a lively apron scenery. Due to a day and night cycle, these sceneries appear in the right mood any time of day.

In the beginning, players can choose whether they want to fly freely between two airports or experience long-term thrill in the career mode.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It's been in development for a while as I understand, and was originally called Euro Flight Simulator, but they decided on a more catchy name for it. See here:

http://www.simw.com/msfsx/euro-flight-simulator-simulator.html?___store=sen&___from_store=sfr

I think it's a pretty good idea. There's probably loads of people who'd like to have a go at flying a 'proper' flight simulator but without having to read a 400 page PDF to learn how to start the APU. I know you can sort of do this kind of thing with the lessons in FS, but FS is a bit daunting in comparison to something which cuts to the chase a bit more. Products such as this did well in the past, for example many might remember this one (Approach  Trainer) which did a roaring trade on the Commodore Amiga years ago:

approach_zps6aeonr0b.jpg

If anyone ever had that thing, they'll remember it was done in conjunction with a Lufthansa pilot and came in a box which had the approach plates printed out for you and a nice manual which explained things well. It was pretty good for the time, although when we look at the FSL A320 you can get nowadays it just goes to show how far computing has come in 20-odd years, but nobody is going to want to start flight simming with the FSL A320 and three days worth of tweaking FS to get the thing to even run ok, it's just way too steep a learning curve, not to mention expensive, so a nice, easy to get into A320 flight sim for about 20 quid or so is a very cool idea, although they will need to make sure they target the right market so people who don't normally frequent flight sim add-on online stores are aware of its existence, i.e. get it out in a box in places like PC World etc.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

What do you all think of the idea of this?

Not a lot, it's simply the old Euro Flight-simulator rebranded. it's a game for kids.

http://www.highinthesky.cz/letouny/euro-flight-simulator/

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=13865&s_design=default&shopfilter_category=flight%20simulation&s_language=english

Hmmmmmm. The video said new sim. And I had never heard of the previous title.

Kind of confusing, especially if it turns out there are no changes at all besides the name.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It is a new sim as far as I'm aware, Euro Flight Simulator is just the old name they were considering calling it and apparently they've changed the name as they work on it. Aerosoft have been considering making their own flight simulator for years, ever since MS dropped Flight Simulator and there was all that Fiasco with MS Flight, so apparently this is going to be their foray into doing that.

Alan Bradbury

Just signed into the shop, prepared to buy out of curiosity, but it's not available either boxed or by download yet. On the other hand, I looked through my account (which I had forgotten I even had) and was abruptly reminded of how much Aerosoft stuff I own (several pages worth) that I haven't used or downloaded in years and years.

What a shame.  :sad:

The end of my FSX era.

Devons rig

Not a lot, it's simply the old Euro Flight-simulator rebranded. it's a game for kids.

And what is wrong with that? Surely getting kids into flight simming can only be a good idea? My 12 year old son loves watching me simming, but he tends to get a bit bored after a while, and he finds the whole thing very complicated. A more user friendly "sim" aimed for that particular target audience is a great way to get kids started. I don't see why anyone would think it's a bad idea.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I don't see why anyone would think it's a bad idea.

I did not say it was a bad idea, just that I don't think much of it.

AeroFly FS2 is simple enough that most 12 year old's could enjoy it and probably a better choice than this rehashed effort from Aerosoft

Aerosoft have been pretty clear from the start about what this is -  and isn't.    It's an introduction to flightsimulators for the kids - a springboard into serious flightsimming - with less of the intimidating, complex stuff.

No harm in that, but it's nothing that anyone here would be interested in.

I'd probably buy it just out of curiosity, well that and the fact that it would be interesting to have an A320 which runs at more than 17 FPS at an airport lol

Alan Bradbury

I'd probably buy it just out of curiosity

Yup.

Devons rig