FSLabs Airbus A320 .. How bad is this!

Hi everyone

Ok .. here is my brand new system spec :-

Intel Kabylake 7700K

16GB DDR4 2400Mhz Memory

NVidia GTX 1080 8GB Graphics Card

Samsung 1TB 850 EVO Series SSD

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit  ...

I have a fresh vanilla copy of the latest version of Prepar3D Professional installed with NO addons!!!

....... well apart from the FSLABS A320 Airbus  ....

Fired the simulator up and placed myself in the Airbus at the default airport

I then got distracted and had to leave my system without touching a thing  ....

About 45 minutes later I came back to screen saying ... yes you've guessed it  .... 'Your computer has run out of available memory'

I hadn't done a single thing ....... just left the Airbus sat on the runway and this happens!! 

Pathetic is an understatement!!   This bird will be un flyable!!!

I'll be very interested to hear how others are getting on!!!

Cheers

Paul 

If you have the latest nvidia driver, it has been confirmed that it is leaking memory. Revert to the Next to last nvidia driver (.33) to resolve the issue. Also be aware that other Things apart from fs AddOns can interfere With Your sim performance, especially Things like antivirus.

• Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Wow, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I have flown this incredible A320 since it was released and never had a problem.

I have only done 2hr flights between airports and never ran out of memory. Do you have the latest version that was released on Tuesday?

Dont give up, this is one awesome plane.

- Paul Cartier

Hi  ... and thank you for your replies  .....

I think you might of hit the nail on the head re: latest NVidia driver  ... I will install the previous version and report back

With regard to the update ... I have only downloaded and installed the Airbus today  .... I am presuming this download will include the latest update  ... I could well be wrong on that though

Cheers

Paul   

Agree with the above and hope that what it is.

You went away and the new drivers leaked your VAS.

Get 376.33

Then you will hopefully with be smiling from eye to ear :)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi  ... and thank you for your replies  .....

I think you might of hit the nail on the head re: latest NVidia driver  ... I will install the previous version and report back

With regard to the update ... I have only downloaded and installed the Airbus today  .... I am presuming this download will include the latest update  ... I could well be wrong on that though

Cheers

Paul   

If you have the v.196 Resources and v.197 Binaries, then you're on the latest one  :smile: the nVidia driver rollback should solve the OOM issue too. 

In the end of the day it's more about something like "How bad is the misirable user that has no clue..." if you ask me. Our hobby requires a lot of knowleadge and effort to make it fun.

Dirk

• Upvote 1

Maybe you could change the offensive title of your thread? Too quick to jump the gun i think.

The team are always available to assist through the correct channels.

• Upvote 4

Maybe you could change the offensive title of your thread?

Topic title edited to remove "How Bad is This!"

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Topic title edited to remove "How Bad is This!"

wait a second… Now are castigating people for naming a topic...with what they believe to be a fair question?

What have we come to?

Are you editing me to say, "to what have we come?"

...wonder how long THIS post will last...

Regards to all

Chas

• Upvote 3

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Firstly, I would like to thank the following for the excellent suggestions to the issue I was experiencing

Andreas Stangenes

Pcartier1960

Nyxx

tumtiddle

You were correct and rolling back to the older NVidia driver has solved my VAS problems  ..... Thank you very much indeed fellas  .. it is well appreciated

********************************************************************************

Now to the negative responses to my enquiry

Dirk98  ....... I was appalled with the response you gave me  ... you should be ashamed of yourself .. totally uncalled for!!

John Barnes BAW7  ...... Offensive title of my thread?    I am not sure what you mean .... Please explain

and finally Jim   ... I am interested to know why you decided to delete  'How bad is this'?

Chas  ... I thank you for your sympathy .... and I look forward to the responses

Finally I would like to say that I am not a vindictive person in the slightest ... I absolutely adore this flightsim community and Avsim is a wonderful medium for gleaming excellent information for our mutual interest/hobby ..

I have been involved with Flight Simulation for well over 30 years now and been a member of Avsim for a very long time  but confess I don't know everything and, in truth, I never will ...  that is the very reason why I frequent this Alladin's Cave to ask questions and usually receive some useful answers  ...

But I do take exception to being called 'A miserable user that has no clue'

Now I think that deserves 'being edited'

Paul 

With out speaking for them I think John took a fence because he is a beta tester and has put a huge amount of work into it. Your title could have been read two ways and could have been titled better. It could have been read as "how bad is the FLS", hence John reply,

You could have meant "how bad is my PC when P3d running the FSL."

The Best title would have been "Help with running the FSL."

Anyway it was the drivers and all is well. Lets move on.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Exactly Nyxx 

The 'How bad is this' referred to the VAS problem I was experiencing  ... NOT the actual aircraft 

I must say the aircraft is quite superb and a joy to fly 

Kind regards

Paul