Sign in to follow this  

I've just flown with my favourite purser Jessica and she no longer calls me "Boss", "Cap" or even "Captain".

Has Jessica received a reprimand at her latest annual assessment and been told to modify her behaviour and give me the respect I deserve? :wink:

Please return her to her previous cheeky self !

I've just flown with my favourite purser Jessica and she no longer calls me "Boss", "Cap" or even "Captain".

Has Jessica received a reprimand at her latest annual assessment and been told to modify her behaviour and give me the respect I deserve? :wink:

Nooo! Have you not herd? She's completed her ATPL and now works as a First Officer!

You have to address her as Miss Henley:-)

Rumours are that she's contracted to work for CereProc:-):-)

Happy days!

Cheers

David

Ah, that would explain it, and there was me, thinking it was a software problem!

No need to bother the hard working Gerald then... :smile:

Ah, that would explain it, and there was me, thinking it was a software problem!

No need to bother the hard working Gerald then... :smile:

I was, of course, joking!

Seriously, I have not noticed the changes in "Jess"the flight attendant.

Using Jess in CereProc, I notice that when I say "thanks", "thank you", normally I would hear a reply, "that's ok" "forget it" etc. I don't hear that with the CereProc Jess.

My thoughts are that since CereProc voices may use more processing power, there are certain omissions in the usual speech patterns?

Anyway, there's never a dull moment in our MCE personnel!:-)

Regards

David

So, am I the only one to experience the new polite Jessica, or has she had her wings clipped?

So, am I the only one to experience the new polite Jessica, or has she had her wings clipped?

No, I don't think anything has altered, but I may be wrong. Have you got all the items checked, "talks a lot,can hear insults," etc. Although these may not apply to the Flight attendant?

If you want some verbal interaction fun, open a copy of Voice Attack (only a fiver) and do some voice interaction scripts with Jess from CereProc. You can script entire conversations if you like. My latest video with the FSW Lear, opened with such a conversation and the movies with the MU2 had an interactive scripted conversation. "You have control" etc. It all adds to the suspension of disbelief:-)

There's a lot you can do with these voice activation programs, as well as fly the aircraft!

Regards

David

Thanks, David, this change in Jessica started when I updated MCE to version 2.6.90.

Perhaps Gerald can confirm no changes before I start fiddling with the options and mess things up!

On 2/9/2017 at 5:30 PM, Tight Git said:

Hello Tight Git

Absolutely nothing has changed with regards Flight Attendants operation.

Just be aware, they don't all use the same speech.

Replies are personalized. Every voice actor records slightly different sentences.

And TTS voices also speak text randomly chosen from a set of sentences.

Here is something you may not have been aware was possible.

Now that you have a TTS voice, it's possible to script your own virtual conversations, and get Jessica to react to your own custom speech and also get her to say exactly what you want (try to do that in the real world :laugh:).

Very good for winding-up the wife or girlfriend.

See this video, with Jess as the purser.

[media]

Go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript>.

At the top of the Voxscript panel, select category "Purser related scripts"

Create a new trigger sentence (anything you want it to be).

The new speech command will be listed.

Select it and click <Edit>.

In "Script Properties" panel, under "Available replies", click <Add> and type whatever reply you want to hear from purser.

To avoid repetitive answers, add as many variations as you can and MCE will pick one up randomly at runtime.

And of course, you can clone the script and trigger it with different speech commands so that you don't have to remember which one to use.

Your imagination is the limit here.

There is another possibility...

If you can get pre-recorded BA briefings (as wav files), you can even trigger those audio files using the BA protocol interaction between flight deck and cabin crew). In that case you wouldn't be relying on TTS voice though.

Many thanks, but I'm even more confused, as I haven't a clue about TTS etc.

I've changed nothing at my end apart from installing the latest version of MCE, but Jessica (the only Purser I've ever used) has stopped saying "Cap" etc after she's spoken to me.

All very strange...