Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Sweetfx 2.0 and reshade CTD

I am trying to install this: https://reshade.me/sweetfx#download

But, when I start fsx se, it shows a white screen instead of the home screen. When I then select the fly now page, all I get a is a black screen, and the game crashes. If I rename the dll to d3d9.dll instead of dxgi.dll, it temporarily shows the aircraft preview screen when I press fly now, and I see the effects working (says loading effect). However, after like one second, fsx again crashes. I have a friend that installed the same things, and it works for him. I use nvidia inspector, but disabling it doesn't help. I use dx 10, but using dx9 doesn't help either. Any ideas?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

They say that version is not recommended on the site and you should download shade 3.0 as it works better with SweetFX2.0.  Perhaps I'm missing something.

We have a SweetFX forum and I will move it there where all of the SweetFX guru's visit.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I've tried the latest reshade as can be found on their website, but with it my sim doesn't even start. It closes immediately during the splash screen.

Alfredo Terrero

The problem with SweetFX (IMHO) is that the settings that work great for some do not work for everyone. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes, for my friend with the same graphics card model as I have, it works great.

I tried the sweetfx and reshade link I posted above on a laptop with fsx, and it didn't work when the gauge was named dxgi.dll (same crash as desktop). However, when I renamed it to d3d9.dll, it began to work on the laptop. On the desktop, as soon as I get to the fsx preview screen, it says loading effect (I can see sweetfx working), but I immediately then get a CTD (laptop stays running). I suspect my antivirus might have something to do with it, as it injects a dll into running processes. But, other than that I have closed any other process which I believe tries to create an overlay.

Alfredo Terrero

I suspect my antivirus might have something to do with it, as it injects a dll into running processes. But, other than that I have closed any other process which I believe tries to create an overlay.

You can go into your anti-virus program and exclude the fsx directory from scanning.

Submit News to AVSIM