Sign in to follow this  
dutto88

4K bad blurries

Hey guys,

So got my new 4K monitor as discussed in a new thread! I've found the loss of FPS is big but what I've learnt it's to be expected with the more pixels etc! My problem is even tho the FPS isn't the best it still seems smooth and not many stutters, but I'm having a problem with blurries?

I've turned down the settings to maybe medium ish.

Is there any tweaks I can use ? I've seen a lot of threads about 6700K affinity mask but not really sure ?

Any suggestions

I run a 970 gtx on a 2700k OCED to 4.8. I have bad blurries too. It's terrible. I'm hoping a new gtx 1080 can help with it but I'm curious as to what other people are saying. I have not found an affinity mask that works.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Is there any tweaks I can use ? I've seen a lot of threads about 6700K affinity mask but not really sure ?

Any suggestions

Are you using the 4K recommended 30Hz monitor refresh rate setting and VSync/Tripple Buffer on?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

If I use the often recommended affinity mask of 14 for four cores then I get a bad case of blurries.  Regardless of any other setting, but use no affinity mask and they are gone.

My normal settings are TML 6 TBM 120 Frame rate lock 20,  4K monitor 30Hz refresh.  Stunning clarity.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have this issue too but only on approach.  Once I get lower they sharpen up.  I also have a 4k and run it at 25hz unlimited FPS and vsync.  My system can maintain 25 much easier than 30 with certain addon airports/aircraft.  Climbing out everything is usually good until I get to around 10k.  After that it's pretty blurry until final approach.  If there aren't any clouds the textures are usually sharper (I'm guessing since there's less demand on my system).  I have a 6600k OC to 4.4ghz and a 1060 on a 4k monitor.  I also get slight stutters on approach as I get into closer distance to the airport it starts loading everything (especially at the heavier addon airports)  I'll be looking to upgrade the GPU at some point and hope that helps with not only blurries but being able to run 4x SGSS as well to help with those last bit of shimmers.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

I really would like to keep this topic alive...

Just upgraded to a new PC which is powerful enough to keep always 30 FPS, but still I have issues with blurries in certain areas, mainly mountainous regions and especially ORBX Lake Tahoe scenery, where textures stay blurred even during landing. I have no changes what so ever in the p3D.cfg file, and the PC is working clearly below 100% on all cores, but still the blurries...Maybe we have to live with that - which I would really regret, since P3D makes so much fun and great experience when you have a decent and modern computer system. 

Thomas

Have a play around with your Nvidia inspector settings, there are some good tutorials on line that will help get your graphics card 4k ready.

Thanks, 

Will.

Have a play around with your Nvidia inspector settings, there are some good tutorials on line that will help get your graphics card 4k ready.

Thanks, 

Will.

Sorry but i have a 4k monitor, 2x GTX 980 in SLI, an old 3770K OC to only 4.2, total clean P3D.cfg, no Nvidia Inspector and I have never blurries.

I have in P3D vsync on, triple buffering on, frames limited to 30.

Sorry but i have a 4k monitor, 2x GTX 980 in SLI, an old 3770K OC to only 4.2, total clean P3D.cfg, no Nvidia Inspector and I have never blurries.

So do I...except the internal frame limiter, which is set to limited (for performance reasons)

So do I...except the internal frame limiter, which is set to limited (for performance reasons)

usually every system is different when configuring flight sim, for instance I would watch videos how to get higher FPS and an overall better looking sim but copying values wouldn't make a difference I would have to self tweak for my system, in most cases nvidia inspector is extremely recommended, I am confused to why you havent used it, for most it has made a brilliant improvement. Again this could be different for your sim but its always about experimenting. It was just a suggestion anyway.

Thanks.

I meant "unlimited"....sorry

I would have to self tweak for my system, in most cases nvidia inspector is extremely recommended, I am confused to why you havent used it,

Hi Will

I haven't used NI for some time now. Seems to be a bit of a lucky dip on opinion as to whether it is of any value, so I just stopped using it. Are you using NI settings other than FPS limiter? I don't have any performance issues - just curious to know what people are doing.

cheers

I was skeptical at first, but I probably took a day out of my life to watch a few videos - the one that helped me most was Matt Davies FSX Settings 2015 which he shows you the best NVI settings. For me it was a massive success - I gained about 5-10 fps maybe a little more and all the horrible flashes and jaggedy edges all vanished. Ill send a link to a print screen of my settings, please understand im not saying it will help you, but its worth a try eh? Fiddle round with it see what you can do. If nothing improves then I cant suggest much else.

http://tinypic.com/r/314frdz/9

thanks,

Will 

But wait - you'do realise that this is the P3D forum, right? Like many other P3D 4K 30hz users I do not need to use NVI, except for limiting the frames to 30.5.

FSX is a different ballgame, as far as I remember  :wink:

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

The problem is 8xSGSS destroys performance.  I can't even maintain 4x on my 1060 in clouds without it becoming a slideshow.  I've settled for 4x MSAA in game and 4x SS and it does an ok job.  4x SGSS was enough to get rid of most of my flickering and such but my card can't handle it.  Hopefully once i upgrade it will give me more power for better AA settings and help with blurries.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram