Sign in to follow this  
wiler

Long Haul Flights

OK maybe I went too far to say the saab blows the dash 8 away, but my point is there are just as good addons available for xplane, the dash 8 is the best propliner in fsx imo. 

If there is one plane I want on X-Plane it's the Majestic Q400. I have both this in FSX and the Saab and I think they are equally as good.

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

One thing one can make only with long haul: widebody at MTOW.

Nothing gives so much pleassure as full runway accelleration and havy lift off. :)

One thing I think that is overlooked in most sims are sounds. The Q400 and IXEG 737 have such immersive sounds and it really adds so much to the simulator (Does anyone else really like the roar of the engines as it accelerates down the runway?). Without that, the simulation feels kind of empty to me. 

The Q400 and IXEG 737 have such immersive sounds and it really adds so much to the simulator

I can tell you FSL A320 belongs there too.

I was blown away when I heard all the cockpit sounds.

I not only love to fly this bus. I also love to listen to it.

• Upvote 1

I am with you Tony. Its element of immerssion. But besides spoolup and roll sounds what is also very important for me is equipment cooling and Air conditionning. It gives a true feeling of cockpit enviro during flight preparations.

Yep definitely, it's not just the startup but all the little sounds during the flight that actually make such a huge difference.

Rafał, thanks I'll now have to pick this up and give it a try :-) 

the saab sounds exactly like it does in real life as well on take off roll. 

One thing I think that is overlooked in most sims are sounds. The Q400 and IXEG 737 have such immersive sounds and it really adds so much to the simulator (Does anyone else really like the roar of the engines as it accelerates down the runway?). Without that, the simulation feels kind of empty to me. 

You realize the BSS did the sound pack for the JAR A320 as well? Its amazing. 

I can tell you FSL A320 belongs there too.
I was blown away when I heard all the cockpit sounds.

I not only love to fly this bus. I also love to listen to it.

I have flown the Saab in real life (as a pasenger) a few times flying from Zielona Góra to Warsaw in Poland (about 45mins flight). The XP version is very very good soundwise, especially the sound of the engines. The company in question have a simulator in Warsaw that I would really love to try to see how it is simulated. I'm curious if it is really any better than this addon (I very much doubt it is) :-)

However recent news seems to reveal that LOT (Polish airlines) have won the contract to continue the government subsidised flights, which means the Q400 will be king again (So I need a Q400)

Saab 340 was my second fly in my life some 25 years ago (Skyways from Copenhagen to Linkoping) right after my first flight ever in F50 from Warsaw to Copenhagen (SAS).

Today, whenever i board the plane, that specific smell of airconditioning and electricity in the cabin reminds me that day and these to planes.

But this is Long Haul flying topic anyway... :)

But this is Long Haul flying topic anyway... :)

You are absolutely right. Still 45mins is long haul to me  :smile: . Sorry back on topic

I have yet to complete a real long-haul flight in a sim, but I've watched quite a few on Youtube, and I see the appeal.  What I get from it is having the opportunity to get mixed up in ETOPS, or a heavy traffic evening of long-hauls coming in to a given arirport, complete with go-arounds, or just the simulated stress of a trans-Pacific flight (which we as passengers tend to sleep through).

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

just did KSEA-KDTW tonight in the JAR A320 V3 Beta. rock solid and  xenivro was amazing in the pacific north west.  

just did KSEA-KDTW tonight in the JAR A320 V3 Beta. rock solid and  xenivro was amazing in the pacific north west.  

How's that beta working out for you?  I read up on the forum about getting it, but seemed a bit complicated.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I run long hauls between Miami and LAX and back without restarting or rebooting X11 using the 777 Worldiner. I think the key is to keep the MINIMUM plugins you need to fly the haul. XSquawkbox and Flywithlua is about all i need. I get my real world weather from the internet or tune in to ATIS when I get there. Never had one CTD with X11 and the 777 Worldliner is an amazing plane. 

To beat a dead horse, The planes are just as good if not better to me. Most of the payware planes come with custom FCU's and this makes all the difference to me...and I didn't even have to pay $140 for it either. Loaded some Xortho and I've never looked back.