Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

BARO and MINS knob operation changes

Dear PMDG developers,

Is it possible for you to change the operation of the BARO and MINS knobs so they function as in the T7.(with the mouse wheel).

The way it is implemented now is not as user friendly as in the T7 and it is not possible to make any working C++ code to interface a hardware rotary knob.

Having different way of operating the knobs is also confusing.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Hi,

Are you talking about changing the operation way between constant rotation rotaries and spring loaded switches (slow/fast)?

In that case, you can change it in the options of the CDU. cf. Introduction manual page 0.00.90.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

On QOTSII, go to PMDG SETUP -> AIRCRAFT -> EQUIPMENT -> Page 20 to change to rotary mode of operation.

Alex Pugh

• Like 1

Is it possible for you to change the operation of the BARO and MINS knobs so they function as in the T7.(with the mouse wheel).

Already done. Please make sure to read the Intro Manual. Would've saved you some time.

Kyle Rodgers

Already done. Please make sure to read the Intro Manual. Would've saved you some time.

why  would  users  do that :Tounge:   think they rather  post  in here  and  let us  to to leg  work  for  them :smile:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Kyle,

I did read the manual, but missed that part.

why  would  users  do that :Tounge:   think they rather  post  in here  and  let us  to to leg  work  for  them :smile:

No need to be sarcastic

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Roar,

While I agree, in his defense, there have been quite a number of posts recently that could have been answered very quickly in the Intro. Having to mention that over and over starts to wear on you over time.

Kyle Rodgers

Is there any way that option could be moved to the "PMDG Options" menu so it's a global change? If it's unrealistic anyway, why not stick it with the other options that may or may not be fully realistic. It's just a bit of a hassle to modify every livery for something I would want to apply globally.

While I'm at it, can we possibly move the headrest option to the PMDG options menu as well so it's global? Or maybe make it a separate option to remove the headrests altogether? That headrest has caused me some consternation what with it's magical ability to remove my control of the MCP/CDU, etc. when my head gets stuck in it. I know, it's easy enough to move out of it, but when it's a high workload situation and suddenly I can't make inputs (due to FSX's stupid view shifting "feature"), it can be a little frustrating. Removing the headrest solved that issue for me 100%, but I had to do it for every livery. Then when a livery is available for "Update" in the OC, the option reverts, as I have found.

Sorry, rant over. Still lovin' this queen  :Tounge:

Adam,

There was some reason for the knob function option being moved into PMDG Options, though I cannot recall what it was at the moment.

As for the headrests, no. Those are actual aircraft-by-aircraft options in the real world: I can have one 744 without them, and another with them (and in the case of BAW, since they need to be special in every conceivable way: specific headrests, though these aren't modeled). The last thing I need as someone supporting the product is to have to explain to someone that their specific aircraft's headrests aren't showing up because they have the global headrests function turned off. We would obviously put that in the Intro doc, but...well...we all can clearly see here in the forum how many times that gets read (and no, that isn't a callout to the OP here alone - there are a number of posts here and on various other sites about the common simple stuff). 

Kyle Rodgers

Fair enough, thanks for the reply Kyle. Always nice to read your matter-of-fact responses.

Is there any way that option could be moved to the "PMDG Options" menu so it's a global change? If it's unrealistic anyway, why not stick it with the other options that may or may not be fully realistic. It's just a bit of a hassle to modify every livery for something I would want to apply globally.

In the 777 it was indeed in the simulation options menu, indicated as realistic vs rotary.

For the 747 we found out that a rotary operation is not "unrealistic". There are some aircraft that actually are fitted with rotary switches instead of spring-loaded ones. This is why we moved this option to the Aircraft Equipment menu.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

In the 777 it was indeed in the simulation options menu, indicated as realistic vs rotary.

For the 747 we found out that a rotary operation is not "unrealistic". There are some aircraft that actually are fitted with rotary switches instead of spring-loaded ones. This is why we moved this option to the Aircraft Equipment menu.

Oops wrong thread. Disregard 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

This is also not what he is talking about. He is talking about switching the altimeter setting reference between inches of mercury (like what is used in the U.S. and Canada and maybe some otheres) and hectopascals (which is used pretty much everywhere else).

Hi,

I don't see any reference to that in the whole thread?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi,

I don't see any reference to that in the whole thread?

Yeah I though I was looking at a different thread at first. I fixed it.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg