•  

AVSIM NOTAM

The AVSIM Forums will be temporarily offline for software upgrades beginning 23FEB17 at 22:00Z. The upgrade could last as long as 7 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience.

In Loving Memory Of

Tom Allensworth,
Founder of AVSIM Online

AVSIM Online
Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.

Photo

animation of moving parts

1 reply to this topic

#1 maca11

maca11

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:04 AM

Hello,

I raised this point already few days ago, but in the beggining the forum focus was more on other more urgent issues or fixes.

So trying again now.

For me the product is excellent and only issue for me to call it absolutely unique and perfect is animation of moving parts (moving parts of engine, flaps, wingflex).

There are too few animation steps so it looks rather uneven or interrupted.

My question is how difficult it would be to make it more smooth (more animation steps).

Would it mean to programme more steps in the code or is it a question of some parameter within the code ?

(some other models have animation of these parts very nice and smooth).

Would it mean too much impact on FPS and VAS then ?

many thanks for any answer !

regards

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 3.3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Mik75

Mik75

Member - 2,000+

• Donor
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:00 AM

I guess it's a compromise the have to make, in order to keep performance and VAS usage on a good level. All their recent releases (NGX, T7 and now the B744) show this behaviour. For me, it's nothing that disturbs me in any way. I, personally, love the fact, that, despite the stunning visuals and the deeply modelled systems, the performance is very good and stable.
Michael Schmitt
492603.png

Reply to this topic