Sign in to follow this  
Skowtura322

Sound Anomaly in P3d 3.4?

I run p3d 3.4 on a system with multiple sound outputs - Normally onboard Realtek speaker outputs or a LX3000 MS USB headset. Normal usage is all outputs are routed to the USB Headset. If I switch to speakers all sounds emanate apart from the ATC dialogue which stays resolutely on the Headset!? Now there appears to be no way to get this to switch away in the software, is there a configuration file somewhere? Also I notice that on some aircraft incorrect sound setup can cause the dreaded stutters and it begs the question that the whole issue of 'log jams' in the sound chain could be an issue - there seems to be no use of ASIO drivers such as ASIO4All to alleviate any 'slowdowns from the sound sub system - this being particularly important in hi-fidelity multi-sound systems in modern sim software. 

This is not the first time that I have heard about the interaction or lack there-of of motherboard sound chips negatively affecting the performance of either FSX or P3D . I wonder then, if I should not reinstall my old dedicated Sound Blaster card and see if there is a significant quantitative/qualitative difference in performance.

Cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

In music technology to circumvent the staggeringly slow and latent WDM sound drivers the ASIO system was introduced so that live playing of complex samples was possible. Since the intro of ASIO4All which is free and can handle standard PC sound outputs the decrease in latency must still be significant for Flight Sims...guess Ill have to put this on the LM Forum

This is not the first time that I have heard about the interaction or lack there-of of motherboard sound chips negatively affecting the performance of either FSX or P3D . I wonder then, if I should not reinstall my old dedicated Sound Blaster card and see if there is a significant quantitative/qualitative difference in performance.

Cheers,

Chas

Why not try? However as long as the old WDM substructure drivers are used it will not be significant until ASIO drivers are used - Creative has its own ASIO driver, which you need to choose as output on any high end music tech, als that option does not appear for flight simmers who are stuck with basic WDM (as far as I know?).