Sign in to follow this  
troyboy66

FSX stops responding on transatlantic flights

So I could really use some help as I am stomp on whats going on here. All my transatlantic flights to an from the US stops in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, somewhere between Iceland and Greenland. EZCA looses functionality and so does TracKIR5, my USB keyboard and mouse and my Logitech G940. I can still hear and see FSX working but I cannot pan around or do anything to control the sim. The buttons that  I see in the aircraft are accessible and do click but I cannot tell if they have any affect at all on the aircraft. I also noticed that the aircraft is always on a very slow descent when it should be cruising instead and moving my mouse, joystick does absolutely nothing. I have ProATC/X on a client PC and as far as I can tell it stops responding to. However, I've recreated the flight without ProAtc/X and it made no difference, though ProAtc/X map always showed me where the problem occurred in FSX. If I restart the last saved situation using ProAtc/X if flies ok for a moment then freaks out again. This does not happen anywhere else in the world. I also have both AS16 and ASCA installed on client and on server. Running them on either client or server or not at all still produces the same issue. This problem occurs with any aircraft I use including PMDG 777 and 747 which I fly often.

As far as I can tell, long flights to Australia, South America and Asia via the Pacific, have no such Problem. This issue started when I upgraded to EZCA v.2 about a month ago. EZCA began experiencing disconnects within FSX, with TrackIR 5 and my Logitech G940. Uninstalling both EZCA and TrackIR 5  did not resolve the issue because it continued to happen with just my Logitech G940. I tried a different mouse and keyboard, reinstalled and reconfigured Logitech software, reset the FSX control settings to default and still the same problem. I have also rebuilt a new fsx.cfg  and looked around for other anomalies but keep coming up short. I do use Simstarter, but that has been working for months before the issue. I get no errors, no crashes and it only happens on long haul transatlantic flights. I have no clue what to do next and hope that someone here can help me. Thanks

System and Sim Specs:

Server:

Win 7Ultimate 64bit,

FSX accelerator on dedicated SSD

A second SSD with other third party scenery

A third SSD for AS16, REX and ASCA

Scenery includes: ORBX, FSDT, FSBEAM, Flytampa, Pacsim,etc

i7 3770k overclocked 4.6ghz

GTX1070 Strix 

6GB ram

EVGA 1000 power supply

Troy

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Hi Troy,

I assuming from your description that you were able to fly transatlantic flights without problem over similar routes prior to upgrading to EZCA v2? I don't actually use EZCA, Track IR or ProATC and I have never experienced any disconnect type problems of the kind you describe but from the lack of answers to your post I suspect few other people have either! I have had repeated CTDs in specific geographic areas which have been due to conflicting scenery or terrain addons but these have been complete crashes and not actual disconnect issues.

If you think it all started after upgrading EZCA, then it might help to know what that upgrade does to your system. I don't know if you have ever used a so-called FSX sandbox (basically a folder containing only the FSX.exe file). When I have what may be a problematic add-on I try installing it to the FSX sandbox to see what files it adds and where the files go. Sometimes you can work out from that what might be the problem (providing EZCA installs to the main FSX folder of course!).

I know that my suggestion is just a shot in the dark but it might be worth trying until such time as you get some input from users with more knowledge of EZCA. Hope you get it sorted soon as it must be quite frustrating.

Bill

I know that my suggestion is just a shot in the dark but it might be worth trying until such time as you get some input from users with more knowledge of EZCA. Hope you get it sorted soon as it must be quite frustrating.

Bill,

Thank you for your input and I really appreciate it. I will try his for now and see what loose ends I can find. I have a 2nd PC with fsx.exe installed on that I tend to use as a sandbox. Thanks again, for your advice

Troy

"I assuming from your description that you were able to fly transatlantic flights without problem over similar routes prior to upgrading to EZCA v2?"

Yes, that is correct.

Thank you for your input and I really appreciate it. I will try his for now and see what loose ends I can find. I have a 2nd PC with fsx.exe installed on that I tend to use as a sandbox. Thanks again, for your advice

Troy

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

You're welcome! Sorry I can't be of more help but let us know how you get on.

Bill