Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

This is when you don't respond to ATC

Awww.. baby chemtrails...  :wub:

Ahem.. The article says the pilots were de-rostered. Is that the same as being suspended from work  - garden leave etc. - pending an investigation Is that normal procedure for not checking a frequency correctly? Or was it because the military were forced to intercept the airliner?

NOTE I do realise that being on the wrong frequency in IFR or on approach could indeed have very grave consequences, but in the cruise in clear air (apart from the clouds way below :) ) ? 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Given that the video was from another airliner above and behind the aircraft, the skies are probably pretty busy above Germany.  If your not talking to ATC, they can't alert you to aircraft at your same level.

• Upvote 1

The crew tuned 132.980MHz while the correct frequency was 132.890MHz

Hmmm, that's different from what we normally use in the flight sim world, where I would expect 132.975, for instance. Has there been a change in real aviation sine FSX was released?

Peter

Hmmm, that's different from what we normally use in the flight sim world, where I would expect 132.975, for instance. Has there been a change in real aviation sine FSX was released?

Peter

8.33 khz spacing in europe.

• Upvote 1