Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Groundhandling gauges for FSX

Hi Rob!I first installed your rcbgh_50 but it didn't appear in the menu (I run FSX Acceleration), then I looked for a solution. I found quite easily your fix rcbgh50a. Very clear readme, as in the first zip. FSX doesn't load and crashes. The event viewer tells me it has to do with a ntdll.dll.As you didn't answer in the forum to a previous question about the same problem, I ask again and I shall send you my panel.cfg so that you can check if everything is in order. I would miss this gh gauge a lot. It makes taxiing so easy.Thanks a lot for all your contributions to the simming community.Bernard

Hi Rob!I first installed your rcbgh_50 but it didn't appear in the menu (I run FSX Acceleration), then I looked for a solution. I found quite easily your fix rcbgh50a. Very clear readme, as in the first zip. FSX doesn't load and crashes. The event viewer tells me it has to do with a ntdll.dll.As you didn't answer in the forum to a previous question about the same problem, I ask again and I shall send you my panel.cfg so that you can check if everything is in order. I would miss this gh gauge a lot. It makes taxiing so easy.Thanks a lot for all your contributions to the simming community.Bernard
Hi Bernard,See your Email I just replied to ....Cheers, Rob

Hi Bernard,See your Email I just replied to ....Cheers, Rob
Later ....If anyone should encounter a simular problem (FSX crashing) after installing rcbgh50a.zip :The problem appears to be, when you add the gauge RCB_WindowStatus.gau to a 2D-window in FSX (i.e. for aircraft that don't have a Virtual Cockpit, more specific: don't have a VCockpit section in the panel.cfg)Solution:Create a dummy VC section, and add the gauge there instead of in a 2D window.Like:
[Vcockpit01]texture=DummyFile.bmpgauge00=RCB_WindowStatus!window_status, 0,0gauge01=RCB_Groundhandling5!WindowToggle, 0,0

I will try to contact the creator of this freeware gauge to see if he has angle on "why this happens", but I'm not sure he's still active in flightsim design (sure hope he is, he made some great stuff).In the meantime, the above solution appears to do the trick :( Rob