Sign in to follow this  
Guest david W.

FSX Cockpit zoom in and out keys?

Quick question, just installed FSX onto a new Intel dual core machine, what are the keys for zooming in and out of the Cockpit view? I seem to recall holding down shift or control while using the mouse scroll wheel, but this does not work anymore?I really find the default view to much in my face, zoomed out a little bit is perfect.

You can zoom in and out with the +/- keys. For fine zoom use shift++/-. If it don't work, hit Backspace first.

Guest X15

If you want to move the eye point in FSX while in the VC it is combination of shift or Ctrl + backspace or return key to move the eye point up/down and back/forwards. I cant' remember which combinatin does what though as I don't have FSX on this machine!If it is not working check in the control settings that the keys are assigned or if other keys are assigned.

Guest DK8290

I think these are referred to as 'increase selection' and 'decrease selection' in the commands list.Anyone else find a bug that FS9 also had where sometimes these commands don't work ?

yep, what I do is right click on the screen, check undock, then click it again and uncheck undock and they work again.Regards, MichaelKDFWNot anti FS9, just pro FSX!

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

>Quick question, just installed FSX onto a new Intel dual core>machine, what are the keys for zooming in and out of the>Cockpit view? I seem to recall holding down shift or control>while using the mouse scroll wheel, but this does not work>anymore?>>I really find the default view to much in my face, zoomed out>a little bit is perfect.>>E:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XUireskneeboard_keys.htm

Can anyone shed any light on why the Backspace key is needed sometimes, before the +/- keys will work?It's kind of annoying, and I can't imagine why it should be necessary - any thoughts much appreciated.

Paul Skol

Re. zooming and panning in VC mode.I have found that the best way is to assign a joystick button, or alternative key press, to the 'space bar' in the Control Assignments setup. That way one only needs to click the joystick button to toggel the + on screen, and then one can zoom and pan to ones hearts content. As soon as you need to revert to normal mode, to set radios for example, simply click the assigned button again.That way you can keep one hand on the joystick and one on the mouse, instead of having to hold own the spacebar with one hadn and pan/zoom with the other - leaving the joystick unattended !Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

The +/- keys are a general "selected item" increment/decrement key. The backspace key sets zoom as the selected item, actually it resets the zoom back to "default zoom" as defined for that camera (or you can click on the 3d view window you want to zoom). Other items that can be "selected" include things like COM/NAV freqs, sim rate, AutoPilot settings, magneto, ignition switch, etc (don't remember the keypress for these off the top of my head, but clicking on these items with the mouse will also set them as the selected item). The reason is we have lots of items that needed an increment/decrement option, and nowhere near enough keys on a standard keyboard to assign all of them their own increment/decrement keys.This isn't something new in FSX, these keys have worked like this since at least FS5 :->

Guest david W.

TimI enjoyed your Voodoo Child video. Glad to see that you are a Hendix fan.I have been listening to Hendrix since I was 6 years old. It