About This File
The AVSIM Crash to Desktop Guide provides investigative techniques you can try when you get one of those dreaded crashes/freezes while loading your simulator to your setup screen, during the loading to the flight, or during the flight. It also provides tips on preventing crashes, probable causes, and some actual fixes that might get you back up and enjoying your flight simulator again.
Version 3.0.0 released May 1, 2016. Changes include:
1. The major change to this version is the addition of a Table of Contents. Now a member can simply look at the Table of Contents and see exactly what is contained in the guide. The Table of Contents has been hyperlinked directly to the topic or the module that caused the crash so members can immediately go to the information they are looking for in the guide without having to go through the whole guide to find a solution. Just click on a topic or solution and you are immediately taken to that item.
2. Updated Internet links.
3. Expanded discussions to make it easier for computer novices to understand.
4. Inserted Bookmarks. For instance, a solution to a crash may call for disabling the dll.xml. A bookmark has been inserted where you can simply click on dll.xml and it will take you immediately to the section where a description of how to disable modules in the dll.xml is located.
5. Many "How To" images have been added for completing certain actions as it has been found members like to see images rather than reading a description on how to do something.
6. Added more possible solutions to some crashes/freezes. Unfortunately, only 'possible solutions' could be added as most crashes have no solution that fits all.
This is a living document and updates will be made as new information or errors are found.
What's New in Version V3.0.0 See changelog
- V3.0.0 released May 1, 2016. See changes made in description.