Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

No text on background at startup

Lately when I'm starting a flight and I'm using Radar Contact 4 for my ATC, when the screen first comes up there is no text, (CLR, Ground etc) on the screen. It is completely blank. I can key a "1", "2","3" or a "0" then the text comes on the screen. It's no big deal to key one of the above numbers to get the text to appear, BUT something is WRONG for me to have to do this. Anyone with any Ideas ? This my just be coinsidental, but also when changing from the "cotpit view" to the "spot" view of my Level-D 767-300ER, for about 1/2 to 1 second there is NO texture on the aircraft......pure WHITE, then the texture pops in???? I keep my harddrive defragged and the frame rates have not changed and have no bugs/viruses that I can find. Does this sound like my computer has 'slowed" down abit to make this happen? Thanks, jerrycwo4

Please give me your best guess what is causing this problem?PS Is version 4.3 ONLY to make RC4 work with FSX and it has NOTHING to do with FS2004? jerrycwo4

I assume you have your computer for a high performance environment to run FSX. I say that because it appears you have video problems not exclusive to RC's window. Your slow loading AI textures and textures on switching views indicate some video performance problems. I get this in FS9 for AI textures with XP running on a 3 GHz processor. I assume you are not using video or audio on your motherboard.Try to test RC with the following temporary environment:Turn AI off.Use a default aircraft.Make sure any unneeded processes are killed by disabling any Ethernet port unless running on WideFS. If so just disconnect your Internet broadband connection. This allows you to temporarily kill your virus and spyware protection. You can use task manager for this. In addition disconnecting your broadband for a WideFS system would improve network efficiency by removing any network loading caused by incoming Internet traffic.Don't run any add-on programs such as the cockpit add-ons.Turn some of your scenery rendering sliders down.What is your operating system and main computer specs? Are you running on WideFS?Again make sure you are running FSUIPC's latest version from the links in the top thread. FSUIPC is the RC window renderer and there have been improvements.If there is improvement by reducing the processor and memory strain, then we are talking about computer performance issues. When you hit a keystroke that action might raise the priority of RC and FSUIPC processes above other tasks.I assume for now you are running RC on your FS computer.I do not recall any serious complaints on this issue and we do have LDS users. In FS9 I use the PMDG 737NG, another high texture item. In a recent beta test of the next version I had a similar problem. Upgrading FSUIPC corrected it for me. When we beta test we have debug mode on (a higher level for beta testers) that can load down performance. Make DEBUG mode is not enabled when you START RC.