Sign in to follow this  
canuk22

No guidance from RC

Radar Contact is awesome, but now is my first problem in 6 months. Ok, I was doing a short flight with my PSS Dash 8 from KAVL to KCLT. This is my flight plan "KAVL SUG LINCO KCLT" 81nm and FL110. As I was approaching Linco I was asked to contact KCLT approach on 134.75, I use Otto all the time and he did not respond, consequently I never received any orders to start descending or any form of vectoring. Now RC comes back and tells me later I'm off course (pretty obvious)and orders me to fly 355 but nothing else happens. My config is as follows, 2 computers, widefs, Fscommander, Activesky, Radar Contact. Recently I have installed a bunch of new airports and both KAVL and KCLT are such, I did perform the required updating for both RC and FSCommander. Any idea what might have taken place here?

i bet it is 80 miles, which makes this a tower enroute type of flight. covered in the manualand FL110 - what is up with that. that should be 11000 in the USA. so your altimeter should have been set for the local pressure, not 29.92because of the altimeter, i bet you were too high, so arrival never talked to youjd

i'm embarrased to say, i couldn't find it in the manual.you are basically handed off from departure to approach, no center involved.follow the directions pinned at the top of the forum, and create a .log and send it to me.jd

I generated a route in FS Build for the Dash 8-300. A cruise of 11000 feet looked good. I got 90 nm.Here's the route:KAVL SUG SUG068 SHINE SHINE5 KCLTIt generated direct to the SUG VOR which it was only about 13 nm., then a a custom waypoint on the 068 radial, then the transition SHINE intersection leading into the SHINE5 STAR to destination. This is a very busy route with very short legs. As JD stated, make sure your altimeter is set for local pressure below 18,000 feet (in this case all the way) so you might have had a change or two on the way.It is also easy to miss something when Otto has the comms. When you are in the approach take the comms and make sure pilot auto reply is turned off. Keep an eye on the RC window and do not leave any unanswered pilot acknowledgments as this can stall things.