Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

ATC background chatter only from major airports?

Ok guys jumped in to give this version 4.3 a tryVersion 3 couldn't stay on my HD for long for several personal reason.First off all great work like the voices far better a great step in the right direction however some aren't that natural but the utility comes in handy too choose voices... However I have some questions left and hope you guys can shed some light on it :-)(The events are the same with FS9.1 or FSX SP2 Vista)Departing from a major airport the background chatter starts as soon ground is contacted...But for example EDDF ok but departing from EDDP no background chatter even when center is contacted...Is this normal ?The chatter add so much to the flight experience...With different approaches the program seems a bit linear always the same line "need to have you at FL.... in 30 miles form..."Thanks for great program and tips or help in advance,Cheers,http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

are you talking about pre-recorded chatter, or ai chatter? if there is no ai, in your sector, on your frequency, at your altitude, or if they are in your sector, on your frequency and not doing anything (climbing, descending, etc), there won't be in ai chatter. i don't fill the air with chatter to phantom planes, just to make ear candy.and your comment about being linear, is probably spot on. atc isn't supposed to be hair raising or exciting. :-)if you want some excitement, turn holding to weather. learn to fly a holding pattern.or fly some departure procedures, or ask for an iap approach. there is plenty there to make it non-linear.jd

>are you talking about pre-recorded chatter, or ai chatter? if>there is no ai, in your sector, on your frequency, at your>altitude, or if they are in your sector, on your frequency and>not doing anything (climbing, descending, etc), there won't be>in ai chatter. i don't fill the air with chatter to phantom>planes, just to make ear candy.>>and your comment about being linear, is probably spot on. atc>isn't supposed to be hair raising or exciting. :-)>>if you want some excitement, turn holding to weather. learn to>fly a holding pattern.>>or fly some departure procedures, or ask for an iap approach.>there is plenty there to make it non-linear.>>jdJD Thanks for the reply maybe I expressed myself not clear enough :( lolAs for the chatter I'm talking about the pre-recorded chatter for the immersion factor (the trigger starts after contacting ground) ;-)AI chatter works fine as supposed too :-)What I mean by linear (more from the programming perspective) is that we have always the same line around the same distance from the arrival airport at different approaches and airports just wondering...Hence I bought the program to have realistic ATC and that's what is does better as the default...Flying already with SID and Stars (IAP) and flying holdings it's not I'm after excitement alone but realism and immersion factor which is actually excitement for me ;-)I have a bit more understanding of the inners (technical and theoretical viewpoint) of FS or real world as you seems to give me credit now for lol... My virtual flying is always as real as possible but hence as in the real world skies you have excitement too at least I have... lol Thanks again for a great program and for the support in advance,Cheers,http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

sorry, i re-read you reply, and didn't see a question mark, or a question.i want to give a decent reply, but i don't know what the question is.is the question, why don't you get pre-recorded chatter at specific airports? maybe there isn't any.if you want to make a log, and send it to me, the directions are pinned at the top of the forum. tell me where you think you should hear pre-recorded chatter, and i'll tell you why you didn'tjd

>sorry, i re-read you reply, and didn't see a question mark,>or a question.>>i want to give a decent reply, but i don't know what the>question is.>>is the question, why don't you get pre-recorded chatter at>specific airports? maybe there isn't any.>>if you want to make a log, and send it to me, the directions>are pinned at the top of the forum. tell me where you think>you should hear pre-recorded chatter, and i'll tell you why>you didn't>>jdJD in my reply I replied to your question AI chatter or pre-recorded chatter was my respons not clear enough? (see second line)Apology that I forgot the question mark...Actually the problem is real simple take of from EDDF to EHAM and you have the whole flight pre-recorded chatter...Takeoff from EDDP and fly over EDDF and join the same airway to EHAM and you don't have pre-recorded chatter!EHAM (Schiphol) is in both cases the destination airport and in the first example we have country (Netherlands) specific chatter in the second example none for the same arrival airport.So the question is why I just trying to understand? (no AI chatter at that moment so after reading the whole manual I understood you should then have pre-recorded chatter a general one or country specific?)Apology hope it's more clear know?My English isn't my mother language!This was a question too...What I mean by linear (more from the programming perspective) is that we have always the same line around the same distance from the arrival airport at different approaches and airports just wondering? http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

i don't know why you don't get pre-recorded chatter from eddp-eham, and you do from eddf to ehami suggest creating a .log (instructions pinned at the top of the forum) for your eddp-eham flightwhy the same distance from arrival airports? at least in the united states, approach owns the airspace 40 miles around. the other professionals (at least UK and Australia) haven't had an issue with that.even a star ends at the approach boundary. now approach may let you continue flying the published star further into his airspace, but it's his discretion. if you want to continue flying the star, ask approach for an IAP approach, and specify the specific type of approach, and you are on your own, until you are told to contact towerso send me a log, i'll tell you why you didn't get chatter, and let me know if you have any more questions about approachesjd