Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBond2

PMDG 747 & RC 4

Hello All -It's been awhile since I've been flyin on FS9, so if this has been answered my kind apologies.Lately, I've been experiencing issues with the PMDG 747 v.1.3 and RC v4.3.3845. Every runs smoothly until I get close to my destination airport and ask the controller to leave frequency to check weather. As soon as I'm given permission - *CTD*. Actually, not so much a CTD but complete lock up to "black". This only happens with RC and PMDG 747. The 737's, CRJ's, work well.I'm also running ActiveSky V6.5... Any ideas or thoughts? (I'll post this on the PMDG forum as well)Thanks!Rob S.

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Hi Rob,What are you using for displaying RC? AdvDisp or the FSUIPC window? If the former I suggest you cease using that and switch to the display offered by FSUIPC.Strange why it only happens with the PMDG747. If it doesn't occur with a default aircraft it may be due to a PMDG issue.Also, make sure you're running the latest FSUIPC - 3.82.Does the Error Log in Windows show the crash details?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray -I'm using the AdvDisp. I've never used the FSUIPC one (is there a place in the documentation on how to use FSUIPC instead?)I'll have to double check FSUIPC as well, it might be an older version. I don't recieve an error log from Windows since the PC crashes hard (need to do a physical power down).Is there a possibility that the ATIS frequency might be causing this (from other posts I've read)?Thanks!-Rob

Rob Sciarrino

Hi Rob,AdvDisp may be causing undesirable results so I suggest you switch to the facility provided by Pete Dowson. Detailed installation instructions will be included in his docs and from memory you should allocate a button to the FS Command AdvDisp Toggle.Update FSUIPC and try that first. A hard crash does suggest a possible memory problem. The crash when changing frequencies is a ATC.DLL one and will be logged but doesn't cause a machine crash. Yours is a different problem.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Actually I have been able to narrow it down to atc.dll . Its happening with any payware aircraft. If I dont check the arrival ATIS I can land with no problem. But as soon as I or "Oscar" checks the ATIS... CTD.. "atc.dll" caused an error.Any ideas?THanks!

Rob Sciarrino

Rob,It will happen with default aircraft too. Changing the frequency triggers it. You can fly the default 737 and it will still happen.Try changing the ATIS frequency, save and rebuild your database and that should fix it. Use the freeware AFCAD program by Lee Swordy if it's in FS9.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So just load my flight plan into RC. Change the ATIS frequency in the Controller Info page.. than Save/Rebuild FS right?Sorry to sound so novice about it :)THanks,

Rob Sciarrino

Hi Rob,RC only reads frequencies from the underlying files. The easiest way is to open f4.csv in the data subfolder using NOTEPAD not Excel and locate the destination airport's ICAO code.The ATIS frequency is the first one in the row. Change it to a slightly different frequency and save the change. You don't need to rebuild the database.When you load RC and that plan you should see the new frequency. See if that solves the problem.My suggestion that you edit the airport AFCAD file can be shelved for now.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather