Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave92

Crash when checking whether - ATC.dll?

Guest Dave92

Hi,I am having screen blackouts followed by an "FS9 has stopped responding" message when either me or Otto leaves the frequency to get weather on approach to an airport. I have noticed a recent topic on same by BobbyBond2 but my issue is slightly different because I am experiencing it with different aircraft and I am using the FSUIPC display. I have heard that this can be to do with ATC.dll - what is the best course of action to take? Delete the dll? Reinstall RC4? Or are there any other possible causes/solutions?I am running XP 32-bit, FS2004, FS9 RW weather, and the problem is happening at different airports.Many thanksDave

Guest Dave92

Hi jd,I had been using 3.81 I think, have just updated to 3.82 in case this is an issue. Was it 3.81 causing the problem?Dave

probably not. at some point in fsuipc's history, pete tweaked it to handle most of the atc.dll errorscan you give me the frequencies of the arrival and departure airport. that is is usually the other culprit. i think it is something about the arrival atis frequency being the same as one of the departure frequenciesjd

Guest Dave92

Hi jd,Frequencies from the most recent problem flight:in order unicom/wxbrf/clearance/ground/tower/dep/app:LFRD (dep) - 12110/12457/0/12110/12110/12480/12480EIDW (arr) - 0/12452/na/12180/11860/12465/12465EGAC (alt) - 0/12480/na/13075/13075/13480/13480EICK (alt) - 0/12092/na/12180/12170/11880/11880Sorry if that's a little unclear.Dave

perfectly clear. i don't see a duplicate. does it happen everytime you fly into eidw? if it does, just for grins, make a log file, instructions pinned at the top of the forum.also, have you updated fs9 to 9.1?jd

Guest Dave92

Hi,It has happened at different airports. I have noticed that it happens more often when I am flying my second flight in a row, eg last time it happened I had flown Dublin-Dinard, restarted RC4 and the crash occurre when I as flying back to Dublin. I will fly a few flights in Debug mode and send a log next time it happens. Dave

that might make sense. if you flew out if eidw, then back to eidw, without restarting or resetting fs9, then all the "arrival" frequencies would be the same as the original departure airportjd

Guest Dave92

That is odd. I thought that terminating RC4 via the FS9 menu then restarting it would have eliminated that problem. Would I have to change all of the frequencies for Dublin on the way back or just the WXbrf frequency? I have just flown LFRD-EIDW only without any problems, I think the sequential flights definitely have something to do with it but I do remember one incidence where the crash occured without me flying from the destination airport beforehand. I'm still running in Debug mode to post that log as soon as the crash occurs again.Dave

the bug is in fs9, not rc. it's fs9's dll that is causing the crash. i think you just need to restart fs9, on the way back. obviously, you will have to start rc over again, with the return .pln loadedjd

Guest Dave92

Hi,Would ending the flight and loading a new one be sufficient, or would FS9 itself have to be started over?Dave

i've never had this come up. try ending the flight, loading a new one, and see what happens. if that doesn't help, you may have to shutdown fs9 and restart it.jd