Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

Rebuild Scenery DB - Widefs

I cannot create the path to the r5.csv.I executed the Makerwys.exe on the main PC.r5.csv is created.On the Widefs PC (under Vista) I have defined Microsoft Flight Simulator X (RogerP) (W:)When I check through My Computer the content of drive W: I find the r5.csv. But when I enter the path W:Microsoft Flight Simulator X I get as respons W:Microsoft Flight Simulator Xr5.csv not found. try againHas anybody a suggestion for me ?P.S. I am using the latest version 4.29 of MakeRwys

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Roger,Try a UNC path instead. In your example above it would read as RogerPMicrosoft Flight Simulator XYou can't mix UNC and mapped drive letters. It's one or the other and UNCs are better as it's inadvisable to map a whole drive.Remember to check the option allowing files to be modified. Not sure if it's actually required for RC but it does no harm.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,How did we do to survive without Wikipedia. I found the definition of UNC path and how to write it: ComputerNameSharedFolderResource So I entered ROGERPMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xand that did the trick. Thank you (once more, you helped me these last few years)

Roger

Hi Roger,Good old Wiki eh? ;-) I figured that even Vista wouldn't mess a UNC up. Glad things are working for you.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I hope r4.csv, not r5.csv, is being transfered to your RC4 data folder. r5.csv is for the version under development. Makerwys does produce both but the Scenery Rebuild process should only transfer r4.csv.

Ron,These are the messages the Rebuild scenery displayed:copying RogerPMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xr5.csv to C:Program Filesrcv4xdatar4.csvRC rebuilding new a4csv fileI don't have any choice than to accept this.To jd:is everything O.K. ?

Roger

I checked the utility and it does copy r5.csv to r4.csv.This puts some extra fields at the end of each record that RC4 will ignore I believe.I have used RC4 at such airports where the runways have this extra information and I have not encountered any problems. Interesting that I have never noticed this :).